General WiFi in pre facelift CR-V 4th Generation EX

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by PanayiotisPal, Thursday 29th Sep, 2016.

1. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    I was reading that in the USA they add WiFi on CR-V 4th Generation SUVs that came from Japan.

"Most vehicles coming to the US from Japan don’t offer this feature, or the aftermarket service. Planet Honda is one of very few dealerships offering the option to add Wi-FI capability to a Honda in the state and the only dealership in the Denver area.
    For more information on the aftermarket Wi-FI add on, you can contact our sales team at 303-215-4200."
    Put WiFi in Your Honda

Can anyone advice us of the instructions and or parts needed??? I am very interested in adding this feature if applicable for the pre-facelift model (I am not sure if possible).

Alternatively can I install the newer 2015 EX radio GPS on my CR-V??? Will it fit?

Last edited: Thursday 29th Sep, 2016
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The idea was for the car monitor/radio/GPS to use the phones internet connection (3G or 4G) in order to use google maps, browser, google search, radio stations, videos, youtube, etc or even if supported to update Honda radio/GPS/dab/Bluetooth firmwares. In USA, I think WIFI and browser were supported on the same CR-V EX radio/navigation touchscreen though it was bundled with different software and wifi support.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Surely you could tether your phone as a wifi hotspot and do the same?

5. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

There is a solution with Mirabox Screen Mirroring for IOS airplay / Android miracast to CVBS RCA using AV-in cable of CR-V or also called mirror box car wifi (different make).

Mirabox is a newly developed product that enables you to connect your smartphone or tablet to your car stereo (wifi connection between phone and mirabox, cvbs connectors between mirabox and car stereo screen). Mirabox reflect the content wirelessly to your car stereo DVD screen. Universal: Conpatible with all Car Audio AV-IN (CVBS). CR-V 2013 EX comes with AV-in cable.

s-l500CASLGNXG.

But I was looking maybe for a better solution??? since this is a messy solution and may give low resolution quality when mirroring

Ichiban how would a wifi hotspot let me connect CR-V EX 2013 who has no wifi?? and no internet apps?? Did you mean I could use a tablet instead (It is certainly an option)? Can you please explain this if this is not what you meant??

I was thinking of CR-V EX radio 2013 having a major software update like link connect, screen mirroring, google search, browser, wifi support,. No need for mirabox in this case. Would the 2015 CR-V EX radio fit in the 2013 CR-V?? or would Honda update existing CR-V radio software and add WiFi capability???? screen mirroring and browser apps?

Time for a small serious joke, My CR-V 2013 2,0i EX will be the same as CR-V 2015, if front grille fits, or better with the grille below, and if EX 7" radio touchscreen fits as part of a fun project in order to get the WiFi compatibility, See below :Smile:

1471493662b2927e302eee3c8647603ac7d39f3da2.

thumbnail.

JDM 2012 2014 Honda CR-V Grille | eBay
    honda nameplate emblem part: 75700-s9a-g00

The most important question is Can I replace the CR-V EX radio 2013 with the 7" newer EX radio from the facelift CR-V 2015????

Last edited: Friday 30th Sep, 2016
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    PanayiotisPal likes this.
  7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    To remain standard you need a connect sat nav unit but your talking over £2000 to buy. I presume off the shelf double din units are now available with wifi and apps etc?

PanayiotisPal likes this.
  8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

or get a second hand original from ebay for 300.?? :Smile: Regarding activation codes honda can supply them if one knows the VIN of the car it was removed.

Does anyone know the Part number???

Last edited: Tuesday 11th Oct, 2016