Engine & Gearbox Will a LittleBo remap fix my throttle issue ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Thursday 19th Mar, 2015.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Hi uk CL9

Do you know if the @littlebo reflash would improve the awful on / off throttle response my Type-S has? Apart from a powerflow exhaust (previous owner) she is bone stock.

Thanks - Ben

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 20th Mar, 2015
  2. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    yes throttle response is greatly improved..i have a test ECU here if you wish to try it before you buy.

thanks

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you explain your "on / off throttle response" a bit more Ben. Sounds more like a fault than a characteristic of K24 engine ??

4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    By on off I mean it's incredibly sensitive to your foot pressing down on it and very difficult to accelerate smoothly after changing gear. Coupled with the annoying creaky clutch that Honda's of this vintage appear to suffer with it's reducing my enjoyment of an otherwise great car. I can't tell if it's a fault or bad design as I've not driven another accord.

The other issue is that the VTEC / thrust from the 2.4 lump is no where near as impressive as my old ek4 and bb4 (with cloned spoon chip) felt. Obviously I know a barge like my tourer isn't going to respond like a hot hatch but a bit more spirit would be great to have.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

It sounds like a fault to me. What do others think ?

The map will definitely cure this.

I'd say go for the test ECU and see what you think.

6. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Any ideas on cost or does it vary from car to car?

If someone local to me wants to drive my accord and see what it feels like that would be a handy comparison?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

8. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Doh who'd have thought nottstourer would be near me lol

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Haha

For the K series engines I thinks it's £300. You'll need to check with @ukcl9 though.

10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Ouch thought it would be a lot less than that. Probably put that on Santa's list then.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I've tested the ECU out myself and I'd say it's worth the money.

12. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I don't doubt it. More a question of having the money to spend in all honesty.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Describe this on off response mate I have never ever seen anyone complain of this what revs what gear what road condition?. The 7th Generation has a very neutral throttle response you need to open throttle and ring it if you want to get anywhere. So a play around with throttle positioning and opening may suggest its the defect with the right leg :Wink:

14. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    It's like it's sticky but I've cleaned the throttle body and it appears like there is no other restriction on the cable. I always try and accelerate smoothly so I don't think it's driver error.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It has to be junky fuel injector, blocked fuel filter, or poor fuel which is supermarket fuel , poor valve clearance, poor oil change history , and a few other dozen factors will make your symptoms. The response for a 2.4 is sharp and instance anything else is not right ,clean TB will make no difference on a 2.4 TBH as there is no EGR to junk it.

So its back to basics mate..

16. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I've just carried out an oil and filter change with fully synthetic oil for piece of mind and that had no effect. I have no way of testing any of the other components at home so a fuel filter replacement would make a logical next step. Thanks for your input

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    when were the last time plugs were changed ? (Iridium) -don't use German plugs what ever you do . I would also change the coolant too as it would have turn acidic by now. There are fuel filter change DIY on the forum for both Tourer and Saloons search for them and if you get stuck ask? :Wink:

Oil change does make the engine happier but with looking at the car you can't make the pinpoint assertion of the cause.