Will a workshop in London....

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by legend-ary, Thursday 5th May, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    just wondering. .EuroCarParts had a sale over bank holiday weekend so I availed the opportunity to buy the mid-exhaust for £33 instead of usual £45

However the question is will a workshop fit it for me? Know anyone?

I know for a fact that many workshops around my area in Woolwich do not like the fact that you didn't buy the part from them and simply refuse the job.. all the GoodGarageScheme garages are atleast 7 miles from me and the one that is close to me charges £69 + Vat for an hour of work :Frown:

Ofcourse I am sure most of you know that I am kind of skint. I need to get this done ASAP as exhaust fumes are getting inside the cabin if ventilation is on and that is no good

2. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    mmmmm did you not think of me ?? or don't you think im capable ?

a lot of garages won't fit parts not supplied by them as a lot of aftermarket parts generally are a poor fit especially eurocarparts i avoid them like the plague due to numerous experiences of substandard parts in the past

legend-ary likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Slims the man for this job , he is the metal whisperer. :hippie:

legend-ary likes this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

How dare I not think of you!!
    Hehe honestly I did @tviracing but I also though you have much fancy stuff to look after with Crystal palace approaching soon.

I know what you mean about sub standard parts from Euro but the budget I got it's downright impossible to find anything else. Lookers Honda Orpington wanted £250 ft the job which is 1/3 the price of my car :Frown:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Which is why I thought maybe it too pedestrian of a job to request his services :Smile:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    He makes out he is busy but I’m sure he can find time from Thumb twiddling.

6. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    ?????? :happycrying:

ledge HK/ mates rates £35 probably will regret that :Grin:
    let me know

exec and legend-ary like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You heard me slack alice.lol

legend-ary likes this.
  8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Hahaha I hope it doesn't come to that but yeah I'm up for it.. Too good of an offer

I'll call you after work :Smile:

9. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    In Milton Keynes even dealers have fitted after market parts for me.
    They just stress that there is no warranty and if it doesn't fit I'd still have to pay the labour.
    I'd bet top dollar that any garage on the good work scheme or owned by Bosch will have a X amount per hour

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

yeah like I said, the 'Ethical' garage next to me charges about £80 per hour because they hire local and offer community a work place.. err yeah..
    and I know for a fact that all parts they put on come from EuroCarParts (which is 0.2 miles away)

exec likes this.
  11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Garages round me do it, would be around £20 to fit, but with experiences I had with mine when they ****ed up my car I wouldn't let them near it! My local kwik fit has been good for me.

Did you not gets yours fitted at kwik fit if i recall correctly?

12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I know exactly what you are saying.. there might be cheap options.. and I did actually get the back box fitted at a KwikFit near Ilford however they did not notice that one of the rubber hangers is not fitted correctly causing the mid pipe to be pushed to one side and hit the chassis..

Unfortunately because the pipe is well rusted no one wants to touch it so I decided to get it replaced .. could go back to them but big garages doing small job as a favor means there is no or little come back to say oh this has messed up that.

exec likes this.