Body, Paint & Styling will the ES GT body kit fit on the ex models any one?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by facelift2012, Saturday 10th Nov, 2012.

1. facelift2012 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi guys can the ES GT body kit be fitted on the ex model... facelift or pre facelift models .. how much is it and will it go straight on with all the reverse camera and sensor workin as normal....e.g.... i want to buy the ex facelift but want the ES GT kits to fit on at my cost

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes.

When I bought my EX, I picked that because it had every option ticked off. I'd rather have those than a bodykit.

However, I have since added the entire sports kit to the car and it looks better than an ES GT because of the unique front/rear bumpers so yes, it can be done.

3. facelift2012 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi cheers did u put the ES GT kit on there how much was it
    - - - Updated - - -
    hi cheers did u put the ES GT kit on there how much was it

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No sir, I went to Holdcroft who did a cracking deal for me. I had side skirts, front and rear bumpers fitted for a price I just couldn't say no to :Thumbup:

Ring them up and ask them bud, you will be surprised!

5. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking into doing the same, I've just purchased a black 2010 Accord Tourer 2.2 I-DTEC Ex (this morning not collected it yet) for all the equiptment, but like the look of the aero kitted cars, so i will be retro fitting the kit at some point but don't want to spend a fortune, i can fit it myself, so does anyone know the cost and availabillity of the ES GT kit?

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats on the new purchase!

Stick up some pics when you can.

8. facelift2012 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi any pics please and saja is your reverse camera sensor working as normal?

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll get some pics up tomorrow mate.

Yes, all parking sensors, front and rear work fine.

No issue with the camera since that is mounted on the trunk, not the bumper.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  11. facelift2012 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks so nice saja i was just wondering tho if i can get the OEM es body kit from honda and fit on the ex?

12. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    i got a price from dealer other week wanted £900 plus for front lower spliter and side skirts painted

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is that just the two side skirts and front splitter? With fitting? :Messed:

If so, thats a silly price. I paid not much more than that for the entire sports pack that included front and rear bumpers. :Unknown:

14. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    yer thats just for the front lower skirt and side skirts and painted not fitted which is the reason iv not got them lol

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was gonna say!

Thats a hideous price!!!

16. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd have loved the Mugen kit - sadly, it was a bit OTT for me so went OEM and a little subtler!

18. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just got hold of a front GT spoiler for my EX, just skirts and wheels to go:Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Breakers are the best place for second hand parts.

OEM prices are sadly, as always, stupidly high. Although you can indeed do what I did and thrash out a deal with our friends at HH.

20. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Priced skirts at a breaker at £375 both are scuffed and require prep and paint, My local honda dealer just quoted me £525.80 (not sure if they come painted) and he said £600 and odd fitted (was'nt really listening), so if i had to pay to get the 2nd hand ones painted and fitted the price would be the same id say, i'd paint and fit them myself though.

Last edited: Saturday 8th Dec, 2012