Tyres & Wheels will these wheels look good on my 2011 accord

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by oyo2, Sunday 13th May, 2012.

1. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all, traded my 09 ex-gt 2.2d for a 2011 in blue on friday and got a set of 19 inch Type-R alloys 225/35ZR19 88Y at a deal price. so does any one know which tyres i should put on the rims for general driving and im also thinking of puting the honda lowering kit on as well, wondering if this set up is going to work.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey you will need 225\40\19 tyres for the correct reading on the speedo for the 7th Generation. I think you may be the first one with rages on a 8th Generation. Honda does not recommend 19" on anyone of the Accords. That has not stopped people doing it.

Does your car have LKAS ?

3. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, i have spoken to the dealer that sold me the wheels today and they have fitted them on an 8th Generation. accord before and didnt have a problem, but said to use the tyres for the wheel. i have found some avons for £110 each plus fitting, i have never used avons so i might go for some yokis which i had on my other accord which were great.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda does not recommends 19 inch wheels on Accord that is set in stone, Honda dealers should not be advocating that for a sale. They should be upfront and use their judgement and educate the buyer. Please search for the risks of using bigger tyres and alloys on the 8th Generation. The risks are clearly de-marketed.

Its same as tell you remaps will fix routine diesel faults.

But again you can still use them but beware of the caveats.

5. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have had a look and cannot find anything about using to big a wheel only fitting the wrong size tyres to the rims

Last edited: Monday 14th May, 2012
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Why do Honda sell them then if they don't approve them foe use on their cars?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    http://hondakarma.com/posts/127/ That give you the tyres sizes and recommendations to which spec to use.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/1322/ This indicated which tyres are within scope for wheel alignment .

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    19 inch wheels were for indeneded for Civic FN2 ONLY as it was spec'd for it and Honda and other manufacturers have to adhere to WVTA.

In-Depth - WVTA - Whole Vehicle Type Approval • Honda Karma

But when has legislation stopped people getting remaps then claiming on manufacturer warranty for repairs or DPF removal and bigger alloys and not telling Insurance companies for the same.

It has not

9. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so what problems am i likley to have if i put the 19 inch rims on with the 35 profile

10. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have done a wheel tyre size calculation for the original wheels and the new wheels and they come out to near the same size with the new wheels the speedo reading 60 mph the car will actully be doing a slower 58.5 mph the wheel and tyre are 16mm smaller in diameter. if i put 40 profile tyres on instead of 35s their is only 0.5 mph differance and 6mm smaller in diameter, so is this really going to make much differance to the car

Tire size calculator

Last edited: Monday 14th May, 2012
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it is necessary to maintain a diameter that is as close as possible to the original so that the final gearing of the drivetrain is not adversely impacted so you don't get speedo errors.if you get done for speeding then you can't argue ?

Doing so will also ensure that the ride height will not change significantly and your suspension is capable of taking the load from a bigger footprint.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    this is the net change you will get

OldNew
    Diameter656.8mm640.1mm
    Circumference2063.4mm2010.9mm
    Poke0mm0mm
    Inset0mm0mm
    Speedo error0%2.61%
    Reading at 30mph30mph30.78mph
    Reading at 60mph60mph61.57mph
    Ride height gain0mm-8.35mm
    Arch gap loss 0mm-8.35mm

13. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi I have spoken to the dealer again and when they fitted the wheels they checked clearances around arches and steering lock and found no problems,
    not shore if i will go for 40 profile to make the wheels total diameter the same as original ones or stay with the 35 profile

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thread links fixed.