Off-Topic Wimbledon 2012

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Monday 25th Jun, 2012.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anybody watching Wimbledon?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Djokovic and Federer easily through,surprisingly Venus Williams is out.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I used to play tennis every day when I was 14-16 and I was pretty good too .

now I can't stand it.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I personally think the Williams sisters have had their day.
    Can't stand miserable Murray, he hasn't got it in him to win a grand slam.

5. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nor did Tiger Tim :Rolf:, Murray is British when he losing but Scottish when is he winning .. I wonder why?

Malibu likes this.
  6. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I hate tennis! The only good thing about Wimbledon is strawberries and cream

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The only good thing about Wimbledon is when it's finished!

People were moaning about the length of coverage of the Queens jubilee celebrations by the second day. BBC had tennis on BBC1 and BBC2 today for over 6 hours each not to mention the red button coverage. They seem to think it's all we want to watch for 2 weeks.

8. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I've not watched tennis since I cut the cable cord and lost USA Networks. They always had the best tennis coverage.

9. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I was always an avid tennis player in my youth but now can't seem to motivate my body to do such active sports. I'm fine with a light walk or jog occasionally. Tennis seems to be a sport for the very young.

10. Diddyuk86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I love the tennis myself and I did watch this :Smile: very proud moment when Andy Murray made it to the final's against Roger Federer, despite the fact he lost he really did do us proud I think to reach that far. The final is the best I think I have watched in a long time and it was very enjoyable. It really gets you looking forward to next years Wimbledon.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There were a lot of people in England who wanted AM to lose and TBH the guy will never win it, he may win the championship in being a miserable git.