Body, Paint & Styling Wind deflector

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by joiner, Friday 9th Aug, 2013.

1. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Am thinking about wind deflectors for my car but was wondering if anyone had pictures of these on their 8th Generation. What are fellow members thoughts on this?. Do I get front only or back too and by yhe way was looking at team heko as had them many years ago on Civic sport and found them good quality.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am sure someone here has them fitted but can't recall. Anyone help to find that car here ?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Racy Jace ??

4. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Thanks for that speedy gee. Will have to give it some thought as to whether to do it or not, does look good and if I can remember they did work, just don't know whether to just stick with the front ones though.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup you are right matey,check his car out in the garage.

6. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got heko ones on mine. Front only. I went for the ones that slide into the window runners as opposed to stick on ones. Brilliant so far, only paid about £25 on ebay too, so a bargain.

7. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    Got them on my tourer if that helps

20121026_162137.

20130531_153118.

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup I've got them too. £29 for all 4.

20130602_201114. 20130602_201152.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first had them I noticed the wind noise had increased slightly but put up with it due to the car looking cool. A few weeks back I re positioned the fixing clips and it seems ok now. They're cheap enough any way. As for function I can't say if it makes a difference or not. I know that by opening both front windows it draws more air into the car than it did before but thats no bad thing.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The guys who have this wind deflector fitted does is tend to move the rubber seal off the door and damage it?

Just need this confirming if anyone can take pictures off the top rubber seal where this sits will be appreciated

10. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    iv just taken a pic of it just got to find the charger for my ipad and il send it

- - - Updated - - -

8c9afeb092b874201deaa2f3d9d9d07b.

- - - Updated - - -

Any good??

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

From what I can remember to fit mine I had to insert a metal clip (U-shape) into the rubber seal. The wind deflector then goes in between the clip and rubber seal. The poressure of the clip keeps the deflectors in place along with the D/S tape. I took one of my clips out and re positioned it and there was no damage to the seal:Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds