Optional Extras Wind Deflectors Installed

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by MickyB, Friday 15th Aug, 2014.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well my daughter got me into this! She fitted some to her Megane and they looked pretty good.
    As some of you know I'm not really one for mods and like my car to look as original as possible.but I couldn't resist this.
    I surfed the net and came up with a number of options,firstly came the OEM Mugen Honda ones at a staggering £144??? Whosh too expensive.
    Then I found a cheaper version at around £40 but these went under the door seal and was held on by double sided tape.
    Finally I found Team Heko on EBay initially I could only find the front ones and was a bit put off because I've got 4 doors. So after some searching I found a full set through a company called J&J Automotive and at the price he was offering I couldn't refuse.
    There was a bit of a hiccup with posting out but they finally arrived on Tuesday,very well boxed and wrapped inside and also the packaging was taped to the box inside so they would not move around during transit.
    Well as I'm heading to Japfest 2 on Sunday thought I'd give them a go today,thinking I was going to be a couple of hours maybe to get them fitted right,well how wrong could I be ?
    They fit into the window channels secured by double sided tape but there's also spring clips which push between the deflector and the window seal holding them firm.
    I've contacted the supplier cause the tape isn't the best and there isn't enough clips to hold them fully in place so I've asked if he can send me another 4 and the job will then be perfect.
    Oh by the way all four fitted in under 20 minutes that easy.
    And I forgot to mention at a snip for £30.60p.
    If anyone is interested in them they do them for various makes not just Accords. I might see if he can do a club discount on them.

What do you think
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image.

K24 CL9 GUY and Chunkylover53 like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Neat job there MickyB. :Grin:

MickyB likes this.
  3. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    My main question is, do they work?

4. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I think that's the same company that supplied the set for my old car, I'd definitely be interested if they could do a club discount :Thumbup:

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They look excellent bud - do you know if they have any for 6th Generation Accords?

MickyB likes this.
  6. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
  7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers @moob - they want £30 for my car but will only supply the front deflectors :Frown:

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had the same problem I could only find front ones or a full set for a tourer so I just kept looking I'll message him and ask if they do a full set for the 6th Generation etc

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll let you know tomorrow when I cruise down to Japfest2. My daughters work well and they also deflect the rain.

moob likes this.
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well after today I'm well impressed by these.there was a strong wind today en route and it caused a little wind noise but with the strength of the wind it was probably no more than normal. Normally I don't notice the noise level because I have the radio on but today no radio so maybe that's why I took more notice of the noise.
    I had the window open slightly and it started to rain but it just didn't bother me not a drop got near me.
    So to answer the question yea they do work.
    The supplier is sending me out some extra clips so I'm well happy.
    And having seen an Accord at Japfest today sporting the OEM Mugen Honda ones I think I honestly got the best deal they looked pretty poo!!!!!!to be honest.

K24 CL9 GUY and Chunkylover53 like this.
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just snt him a message to ask if a full set is available for your car and what would the cost be.

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Appreciate it bud

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just had a reply unfortunately they only do a two piece set for the 6th Generation... not too good really!

14. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for asking - I found a rear set at £37.50 from another seller but £67.50 is a bit too high tbh.

15. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for asking - I found a rear set at £37.50 from another seller but £67.50 is a bit too high tbh.

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yeah i totally agree. i saw an Accord at Japfest yesterday with the Mugen ones and to be honest i think i was lucky saving myself over £110 cause they were awful.
    I`m on Ebay regular so I`ll keep an eye open for you sometimes people sell them off. you never know what will turn up.

17. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes that's the ones.
    They sit up inside the top of the window and you get a metal type spring clip that then pushes up and sits flush against the deflector and the other side has a small barb type thing on it which goes into the rubber seal to stop it dislodging.
    They only sent two clips for the front windows and one for the back ones (each) and the deflector seemed a little loose so I sent him a message and he is sending me some extra ones but since they hav been in they seem to have bedded in pretty good.
    No they don't stick out too much and don't mask the chrome trim round the doors unlike the Mugen ones I saw on Sunday they did and looked like they where just stuck on.

19. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks micky.
    They do look good. Very tempted by them. Will be added to my list of things to buy - lol.

MickyB likes this.
  20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've actually messages the guy again today to ask if he can speak to his suppliers and see if they would consider producing a full set for the 6th Generation. I told him they are losing business cause people with 4 doors don't just want 2 deflectors.
    Waiting for a response.