Body, Paint & Styling Wind Deflectors

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Irishgooner, Sunday 11th May, 2014.

1. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Hi all just looking for some opinions on front and rear wind deflectors . Yes or No.? If yes which type thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have the heiko ones. They clip under the rubber seal instead of the other type that stick to the outside of the door.

4. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Seems to be all 8th Generation been talking to a few friend about thinking of getting some their opinions or mixed really. Some saying it would take the look off the car make it tacky looking and some saying go for it just looking for other accord owners opinions

5. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya speedygee pointed me in your direction looks nice on your 8th ya just heard mixed opinions from mates some say they look tacky etc etc originals from Honda or saucy €180 same for mugen ones I would avoid the sticky ones alight go for your type

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think if you get the ones that don't cover up the chrome they then look like part of the car and look like OEM.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya I think I just bit the bullet and go for it I can get team heiko deflectors approx €90 could always sell again thanks for help:Niceone:

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited: Sunday 11th May, 2014
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just been looking at these myself. The heiko ones look pretty good coming in at £32.90 whereas the Mugen ones are between £140-£180 quiet a difference and probably the only difference is that there will be mugen on the Mugen ones.

10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For £30 you can't go wrong. Its a subtle mod too. Well may be my roof and boot spoiler plus side mouldings take the attention off them a bit:Unknown:

MickyB likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

12. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I just ordered a set of the genuine Honda door visor set
    the part number I ordered was: 08R04SEA601
    ordered at £127.40 posted.
    Much preferred having the originals as a few people bought climair and heiko ones and they flew off the car. lol

Whats the difference between the 08R04-SEA-600

13. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya there €180 + vat here in ireland bit bit for something I'm only 50/50 keen on can you post some pictures when they arrive and fitted???

14. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah will do.
    Lead time is 6 weeks though as they say there is no more stock in Europe so have to wait until a new shipment comes in from japan
    I have lots of other things to do on the accord so I didn't mind the wait

15. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Ya thanks . What other things you planning on doing

16. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No probs bud.
    Got a project log I am doing at the moment but haven't finished writing it up yet.
    Few things are:
    Clean up and paint discs hubs and calipers
    and clean /jetwash all arches
    Replace rear boot interior trim as its pretty scratched
    Remove and replace damage rear Accord badge
    Full service including gearbox transmission oil and all filters
    Tracking and install new tyres (have spare in loft)
    Xcarlink ipod interface install
    Coolant change
    Brake fluid change
    Fit new revised aux belt
    Replace tired reg plates
    Replace scratched airbox filter
    also need to replace one of those sensitive vacuum solenoid valves as I broke one :Frown:
    coming along nicely though :Smile:

17. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Also looking to install a set of dolphin rear parking sensors (enquired with Honda and the OEM set is £450) I was like hmmmm that's quite pricey.
    Dolphin set won a few awards and seem like a good reliable kit with a good customer support for spare parts

Also looking to get the boot liner tray accessory

18. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    That's quite a list you have there:Smile: Definitely keep you going till wind deflectors come lol . Ya gonna do couple of things to mine to in next few weeks mugen rear lip change all badges to red Honda badges 50/50 on wind deflectors . Probably xcarlink to. Just a few

19. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah. its quite abit to do, the missus is really supportive which is nice. Done half of the work already, been writing the log in tandem so should be posting that up very soon. Its quite hard as the Prelude isn't getting any attention now. lol

Mugen rear lip will be nice. Your accord Type-S looks mint. Was really leaning towards getting the type accord but I still wanted to keep the Prelude so went for the diesel instead.

20. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I have the HEKO ones

The fronts are spot on, but the rears are now trying to make a bid for freedom despite the clips being fitted.