Body, Paint & Styling Wind noise?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by SayamaAccord, Thursday 5th Jan, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I remember once being told by a mechanic that the thing about noises is that they are never coming from where you think they are.

Today I heard a loud high pitched noise like a referee's whistle with no pea inside.

It sounded like it was coming from under the gear lever so I thought gearbox? but then I remembered this isn't a RWD with a gearbox under the gearlever...the gearbox is 4 feet in front, attached to the engine.

Then it sounded like it was coming from the front nearside wheel and I thought binding brakes? but the sound wasn't really metallic.

Then in seemed like it was coming from the nearside wing mirror and I thought wind noise?....have any other 7th Generation owners had that, a high shrieking noise in very windy conditions?

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I forgot to say...it wasn't constant, it came and went

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are all your windows up completely?

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I haven't checked that...I'll make sure they are.

And the wind is dropping off tonight so I guess I'll find out soon enough if it was that or something else.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cliff have you heard of Shin-Etsu grease for the door rubber seals? If you have not its lubrication grease which moisten up the rubber and maintains the bounce and suppleness of the door seals. Honda part number 08798-901

Shin-Etsu grease AOCUK.

Give that a try and also get all doors rubber damper a few antilock wise turns. That will ensure the dampers are taught.

On a side note the high winds have disseminated a lot of fences on my street. I am smug nothing’s happened to mine….for now.

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Let me guess...you creosoted your fence with oil from your Honda 2.4 lol

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    sssh I have applied for patents for that pioneering technology, don't be selling my trade secrets in public..bah

8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not seen that grease...I'll lube the seals next Spring/Summer to put some life back in them...a bit like looking after leather I guess.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup it sure is you can get car detailing gear like 303 Aerospace Protectant and other few million products which do the same. every 3 months protect them you will be laughing.

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Where do you get these products from?!?!?! :Grin:

11. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

100% spot on.

Tried the switches, front passenger window went up slightly, wasn't down enough to be visible, but now no more noise.

Cheers.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cliff I get this from time to time, I think it's where someone rests their arm on the armrest and catches the window switch.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Use the window lock button ... That will teach em :Grin:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will be surprised I have seen local motor factors stock 303 it goes with saying it was 8 quid dearer. You can get it from polished blissed and other detailing places.