Body, Paint & Styling Window Auto Function

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by mattyg, Sunday 30th Mar, 2014.

1. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi all I've just noticed a small problem on my car..

A few weeks ago I left on the ignition and flattened the battery on my car, after I started it up again I noticed that the drivers window was not working on auto. I put the window up and down a few times and the auto feature returned. I have just noticed that the rear windows do not operate from the drivers door switch but they work off their individual switches albeit not in auto mode. Also the windows do not open or close using the key as they did before. I am hoping that there is some kind of re learning procedure after the battery is removed or flattened can anyone help.

Thanks Matt

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got an Accord and the process is

1. Start the engine. Push down and hold the driver’s window switch until the window is fully open.

2. Pull and hold the driver’s window switch to close the window completely, then hold the switch for a second or two more.

If that doesn't work consult your Legend's handbook, the correct steps will definitely be there.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi there thanks for that it worked as you said only I had to carry it out on each window in turn then I had to sync the total opening/ closure on the key it now works perfectly. It was driving me nuts as my 3 year old opened the window on the way home and refused point blank to close it again.
    Surprisingly I couldn't find anything in the manual.

Thanks Matt

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The owners manual won't have the auto window reset procedure that why you have HK :Niceone:

Changed the thread title to make it more searchable.

5. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

No Kidding love the new forum by the way, its just a shame that more legend owners don't get involved here. I am planning on tackling the valve clearances soon so will post up the pics.

Thanks Matt

SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We're hoping to slowly establish ourselves with other models, it's going to take a while to shake our huge Accord bias having opened the doors to the rest of the "scene" :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @mattyg why don't post some pics up of your Legend in the club garage section, would be good to see more Legends being shown on here on HK :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hey Im not knocking the forum its been great in helping me find out information in the past about these cars only problem being I think they only sold about 500 over here. So the way I figure it if we can get 10 per cent of those owners on here pooling there collective knowledge then all the better. I will post some pictures later in the week now we have some extra light on an evening been toying with selling it lately as I've changed jobs and i am not really doing it justice, I bought it to do 40000 a year and am now doing about 3500. Absolutely love it though by far the best car I have owned I have always had a soft spot for the legend this one is my third its a real shame it didn't do to well I think if Hondas marketing was a bit more switched on they would have shifted a few more. It is by far the best car dynamically in it class and I have driven a lot of its competitors.

Matt

Ichiban, DeviateDefiant, Nels and 3 others like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You don't want to see her just yet Matt :Wink:

Valve clearance job looks really tricky and time consuming job on the J35. Look forward to your thread on it. Let us know if you need any information. :Friends:

10. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Ok thanks for that i didn't think it looked too bad to be honest (famous last words i guess) but thanks for the offer i will bear that in mind.

Matt

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Matt we are still settling down it not been a month when we collapsed AOC there is TONNES of work going in the background , You should see Leo's list of pending stuff and mine will I have my feet up.. :Whistle:naah just joking.

We are getting everything in place but if you want anything I mean any thing related to Honda Legends just fire away bombard us it will be done. Please upload pictures to the garage it will get the others out of their Legends shells.:Happy:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for that will do need to give it a wash first though lol

matt