Body, Paint & Styling window tints

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jjazzza, Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013.

1. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi im thinking about having window tints on my 56 2.4 facelift accord,has anyone had then done ?if so how do they look,my car colour is mocha pearl brown,has anyone got pics of your tints ? cheers:Thumbup:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have a look at the pics in my Garage. The pics aren't great but gives you some idea. Not sure how tints would look with the mocha brown.

3. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have got mine done but Mine is in Milano red. If you decided go for it, make sure you get it by professional with good reputation.

4. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

did you just get the rear windows done ? ps im from glasgow

5. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did the front side windows as well. Or sun shades is another option other than tint

6. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

do you have a pic ? and were did you to get them done :Thumbup:

Last edited: Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013
  7. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I plan on doing mine myself, I've done them before and its fairly easy once you get the hang of it

8. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

think i will let the pros do it lol

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

It's a little tricky to get it right, if you get the knack of it then it's easy.

Personally I'd go to the professionals for this one, which is unusual for me as I normally like to tackle most jobs myself LOL.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  10. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Just thinking of doing tinting on my Accord ... probably only rear. But do we know what's the factory tint on 7th Generation windows? I'd tint them as well a bit but don't want to go too far below the limit

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Mines done back and front, front are only light tints (I think 15%). Never ever had a problem, even the time when a policeman pulled up next to me to tell me I had brake light out. I wound the window down and fully expected him to say pull over LOL.

12. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Light tints you mean 85% then? Becaues the lower it gets the darker it is. 5% is pitch black :Smile:

The lightest I can find on ebay is 70% though. This plus added factory tint will take me slight below the 70% limit by the law which I should not be too worried about because as you said until it's really dark they can not book you only advise

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

LOL, yeah 15% blockage, 85% pass through :Smile:

Let me post you a pic of my car on FB

14. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Where did you get 85%? (15% :Wink: )

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I didn't do it myself, I had it done by someone.

This pic makes it look real dark, I'll try find another one.

Roobix.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly better pic ... you can see the dash quite clearly, shows the tints not too dark

Roobix2.

16. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

That's all right. Unfortunately I can't find pre-cut 85% so I'll do rears for now, then buy a sheet of 85% and take it slowly. Cheers