Off-Topic Windows 8 RTM

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Thursday 1st Nov, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last night nipped into our local Tesco to see what the Windows 8 RTM versions are like. I have been running Windows 8beta in a VM for a year and half and hated it as it limited to the hardware its presented.

First impression the Modern UI it annoying and I hate it in the RTM version. The Start menu has gone :Aghast: The UI wants to have a slick appearance and stand among the crowd.. which I have to admit is quick other than that no more visible differences.

I think Windows 7 will be my last ever Windows machine , sorry Microsoft have been using you since I was a kid this version will drive away a lot of people, but can see bring a new generation of UI lovers to you. I Just hope for your sake the new generation outnumber the guaranteed leavers deserted.

2. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think I agree. Haven`t seen it yet but if its anything like the mobile version I just can`t take to it at all

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I believe with Windows 8 Pro, that can change to the "Start"/Classic setup.

Windows 8 Pro is not yet on sale. I believe it debuts early next spring.

Thats what I am waiting for and then I'll look into buying a Surface tablet as well.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes you're right about third party vendors making it more rich for use, but what irks me is that Microsoft have missed the opportunity to price the Surface properly and grab market share. I won't be parting with money for an expensive tablet that still cannot emulate my current Dell laptop.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Microsoft is still living in a dark room still hoping their software will sell automatically. Too late to turn the light on the world has moved on. The surface is just proof Microsoft now is having a total rethink and doing what apple and google did yonk ago.