Electrical & Lights Windows auto switch

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by intruder, Monday 12th Aug, 2013.

1. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hi fellas :Hey:
    I was wondering about this since bought a car last summer, but never came around to ask someone :Wink: Would it be possible anyhow to make both front windows to be AUTO? I had both auto on my previous 2003 Mitsubishi Galant, and here comes newer 2007 Accord with just drivers side being auto... :What: rubbish!! So annoys me many times to keep holding it when I need fully open/close passenger side window.

Any ideas?

IMAG0342.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No.. I mean, I have driver's side AUTO function working perfectly. I'm looking to find out would it be possible to have AUTO function for passenger's side window? :Innocent:

4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What if getting a same auto switch and putting it instead of that standard passenger switch? Im not sure how these switches works.. so just guessing..

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    buy a 8th Generation both front are auto!

6. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

haha! :Smile: thanks but no :Smile: love my 7th Generation

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
  8. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    When I 1st got my 7th Generation I thought this as well, even my previous Vectra had auto both front windows.

I've had the switch module apart and the drivers switch is a 5 point switch and the passenger is only a 3 point switch. To make the passenger switch an auto function switch you would have to change the switch, this is assuming the circuit board can handle the auto function on the passenger side. The switches are soldered directly into a circuit board which in turn is sandwich underneath another circuit board by rigid points. Unless you are very handy with a soldering iron I wouldn't bother. You'd have to unsolder and re-solder at least 30 points, then there's no guarantee the circuit board could accommodate the switch.

It's a good idea but just not worth the effort involved.

intruder likes this.
  10. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks mate for the info! :Thumbup: ..gonna leave it as it is perhaps.