Electrical & Lights Windscreen washers seems very weak at spray?!

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Mike88, Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013.

1. Mike88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

recently discovered that the windscreen washer jets are getting weak at spray water to my windscreen, at first i thiught it was low on water so i topped it up. Tried it again and same problem accured. It seems to have no power to generate the spray. Everytime I've used it now it only just manages to spray but only at bottom on the windscreen and bonnet :Blink:

any ideas what problem this could be? Or would it be something that needs replacing?

Any help be much appreciated:Thumbup:

thanks, Mike.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Possible causes could be block washer jets, blocked tubes, issue/blockage with washer pump.

Start with the easiest to checkout .. a blocked washer jet.

You can clean the washer jet with a fine wire or fine needle.
  3. Mike88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ill give that a go, But I've recently installed some Jazz washer jets.. But arent performing how they should atm lol
  4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did they ever work correctly? Did you ever run the washer bottle dry? Just wondering if you've picked up some gunk and blocked them.
  5. Mike88 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've recently noticed it getting worse.. But did have the washer bottle empty at one point before when i thought it coulve been that.. Hmm.. If there would be a blockage between the lines, how could i get them changed? Or to clear it out? This happens on both washers not just one.
  6. Brian100 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You will need to back flush the system, by using a hair dryer on the joints to soften the plastic pipes pull them off of bonnet jets, as far as I know there are no non return valves in the pipe line, disconnect ther pipe from the water bottle motor outlet, if you are fortuneit to have a compressor or a freind who has one use that if not connect to mains presure water and flush through, it is unusual to have muck sucked up from your tank, there should be a filter there to stop this, but in saying this you can get a build up of micto organisms from the water in the gets over a period of years, but any way give it a go.
  7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Has it not been as powerful since installing these? I replace my Civic ones that had 2 sprays per jet each with Jazz ones and the pump wasn't powerfull enough to spray the Jazz ones that well at 50+mph you didnt get the nice mist effect and it always was just hitting the bottom of the screen.