Body, Paint & Styling Wing Mirror damaged

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by bijomaru, Wednesday 2nd Mar, 2016.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Driving to Devon on Monday, some **** has failed to stay in his lane and hit my wing mirror. :Angry: He drove off and it was dark so no chance of finding offender. Now I'm left with a damage I have to try and fix myself. I have an option of getting the whole assembly, or looking at replacing the damaged components. From what I can see without taking it apart, the lens is completely gone/LEDs damaged and the frame going around the actual mirror is cracked so needs replacing. The housing has managed to stay intact, although it doesn't clip in correctly in some places. Has anyone ever took the whole mirror assembly apart? I may take a look at this myself, but with a hectic weekend schedule for the next few weeks I may be better off replacing the whole unit.

Attached Files:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry, I meant to say the light assembly. The lens is fine so at least I can still drive safely.

It sucks that you have to remove the whole door panel to get to the mirror mounts ...

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Damn I am gutted mate, it would be best to repair that but strip it and see what can be salvaged then make a call if you want to replace the whole lot.

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    OUCH !!

When I repaired mine, I was able to purchase just the lens that was cracked - part 1 in this diagram -

This was much cheaper buying the whole wing mirror. Dismantling was pretty simple too.

6. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks guys. Does the housing just clip in? I guess it depends if the clips aren't broken and how visible the scuff will be once I clean it properly.

7. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    On my one, everything pretty much just screwed together, with a couple of clips to hold things together. Personally, I'd try and take it apart and have a look at what's broken and what needs replacing. You may well find that you only need to replace one item, like I did.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ouch! Really sorry to see that Rob.
    I hope it can be repaired relatively easily.

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Sorry to hear about your mirror - hope it can be fixed as cheaply as possible and easily too

10. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

I was wondering if a right side mirror from a left-hand drive car would be ok? Do they have a different connection on either side due to the passenger's mirror tilting down in reverse? I guess this is performed by the electronics in the car rather than anything in the mirror, but just wanted to check. I'm driving abroad next week and found a cheap mirror over there. It's right side, but obviously not their driver's side.

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Why don't you check the part numbers for a UK vs mainland Europe mirror on Lings?

12. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I had this on my 7th Generation but managed to pick up a hole mirror from a breakers on eBay.
    Might be worth having a look 1st

13. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Part numbers are slightly different. Both sides seems to have the same connections though, for both UK and European versions.