Service & Maintenance Wing Mirror indent?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Westman, Thursday 2nd Jul, 2015.

1. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Hi all
    I am new to the forum and I've just picked up a 2005 CR-V petrol Auto (in black) .. So far quite impressed (apart from the petrol consumption but I knew it was thirsty) but my query

My problem is the folding wing mirrors (manual folding) indents... When I fold them in both sides you can feel and hear the mirror assembly click in place but pull it back out in the normal position they don't seem to click in place and can be moved (easily) an inch or so..
    So how do I remove the heated glass (without breaking it) and when I have done that can I access the locking (indent) mechanism and can it be fixed???
    Thanks
    JR

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have a search of the forum John, there are a couple of threads discussing the dismantling of the entire mirror assembly.

3. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for reply.. I did a search before posting but couldn't find anything about manual mirror folding mechanism.. I go through them again.
    JR

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Removing the mirror part should be common between the motorised and non motorised mirrors.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@Westman did you resolve the problem with this. As it would be a good resource for other owners if you did repair or replace it.

6. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    MickyB

Short answer no!
    The problem is that when you moved the mirrors back (manually) to the viewing position there isn't a positive 'click' into position (you can move both the mirrors by a inch or so) and therefore it's pretty much guesswork which can leave the mirrors out of the viewing area.. (not much of a problem with drivers but awkward with the passenger mirror) My solution was to stick to chrome dots on the mirror body and the fixed holder and, when these are aligned the mirrors are in position.. Lazy but works for me

All the best

JR

MickyB likes this.