Electrical & Lights Wing Mirror Problem

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by Paulg1980, Sunday 29th May, 2016.

1. Paulg1980 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Paul Doncaster
    Hello everyone,

I bought my first Honda Civic today 1.8 i-VTEC EX and i love it already. Thank you to everyone who offered their advice when i was asking opinions on ones i had spotted and I think i made the right choice (puts hands together and prays it was anyway).

There is just one problem with the car. The automatic folding mirrors do not work at all. Neither side works. The glass/mirror movement works so i am stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. rimmo Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    Common problem with the civc the mirror shut of device in the mirror fail,

76209smge01_MED.
    Genuine Honda Civic Power Mirror Shut Off Device (SOD) Unit
    • Model: 76209SMGE01
      instock.
    • Manufactured by: Honda
    £38.20
    £36.29 Inc VAT
    Save: 5% off
    £30.24 Ex VAT

e
    Car Reg/Vin is required for Honda EPC (Parts Verification

The devices are behind the mirror backs remove the back and you should see it simply unplug replace with new one, folding mirrors should now work,unfortunatley you will need 1 for each mirror

Paulg1980 likes this.
  3. Paulg1980 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Paul Doncaster
    Thanks for the reply rimmo I will order a couple today. I probably won't put the mirrors in that often but I want my car to be perfect. Thanks for you help.

rimmo likes this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    @Paulg1980 one you have gone up to club member rank by fulfilling 25 posts and 2 weeks requirements you will be entitled to get club discount on Genuine Honda parts from our partners Honda Holdcroft. A nice incentive to new members to take active part in conversations and help others out :Smile: :Friends:

Rankings can be found here: Rank Titles and Premium Members (Announcement - )

Paulg1980 likes this.