Tyres & Wheels Winter wheels fitted

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Saturday 21st Nov, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    In light of the much publicised forthcoming ICE age that will apparently last for....... the whole weekend, I thought it a good excuse to give my eyes a rest from the Orions and fit my winter set up.

Pictures before and after below (no rude comments please, I'm sure they won't be to most enthusiasts taste but I just don't ike the "blingy" appearance of the Orions). Whilst the winter wheels/tyres look smaller in the photo than the Orions, they are in fact within 0.2% of the rolling ration of them I can only put the apparent difference down to the camera angle and the fact that in the later photo the sun is illuminating the inner wheel arches.

I was somewhat concerned that I might have had problems with the TPMS (or DWS as Honda call it) but after fitting, I re-set the TPMS and all OK, although the handbook does say that it might need re-setting again after the 1st longish journey (in fact this issue was the subject of an earlier post of mine and IIRC 1st Honda experienced this as well when the car was new).

I have to say the ride on the 17" wheels with the 60 ratio Nokians is much better than the semi low profile 19", 45 ratio Yokohamas and they are also quieter. I thought this might be the case and I was proved correct.

I mentioned the handbook above and as a matter of interest, from the start, I suspected I had the wrong documents so a couple of weeks ago I visited the dealer and over a coffee with the original salesman, voiced my suspicion. It transpired that I was correct and both the car's handbook and the ICE one were both for a different version of the CR-V. They supplied the correct ones there and then and life is now much easier finding out how the car works.

Keith

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 23rd Nov, 2015
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think your wheel choice is very sensible @155695

Bearing in mind the fact that, in the Winter, there will be salt on the roads and cleaning is that much more difficult due to the weather I think simple alloys with Winter tyres make a lot of sense.

Some manufacturers (MINI for one) offer plain steel wheels for fitting with Winter tyres.

I still like the Orions though...:Grin:

BB Baboonface likes this.
  3. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    For winter set they look very handsome IMO, streets ahead of steelies and probably lighter too.

As FirstHonda said, the simpler spoke pattern will be a boon when it comes to cleaning, the only regret i have about going from 5 to 8 spokes for winters!

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for the comments. In fact judging by lifting the wheels off and on, the Dezents are a fair bit lighter than the Orions. Remains to be seen if this is reflected in petrol consumption.

Keith

FirstHonda and BB Baboonface like this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Glad to hear you got the handbooks sorted as well. That should make life a bit easier, although they won't be any smaller I'm afraid...:Laughing:

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Someone, rather helpfully, appears to have edited my original post, with the result the pictures now appear full size in the middle of the text.

I think they were better as they were originally, I.e. as thumbnails at the end of the post.

Keith

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    As you wish Sir, most people don't know how to insert pictures properly, hence the one time intervention.

8. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    One of the things I really appreciate on this forum is the proactive, helpful, approach taken by the staff. It is the only forum I am aware of where that is the case. I hope my personal preference won't put you off helping where you feel it is necessary.

Keith

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Not at all Keith ! :Smile:

10. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Thumbnails should be banned... you need to waste time clicking on them to properly see the picture!:Devil:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I tend to use full-size everywhere however when doing a massive write-up with loads of images, thumbnails do help readability a lot.