HVAC Winter's nearly here, and my heater ain't heating...please help!

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by AccordMavman, Thursday 25th Oct, 2012.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hi all,

I'm new to this very informative and friendly looking owners club site, so really hoping someone can help me.

I have W plate 2.0 SE Exec (with climate control). The heater warms up very quickly in the morning set to about 25, as it always has, but after around 20 minutes or so up the road, it then goes stone cold even though I haven't touched the temp control. It then stays this way, even if you whack it up & then down again, to see if that frees anything up. I've had the car a LONG time, and the coolant's been changed around every 4 years / 50k and is still a strong green colour so don't think it's a blockage. The pipes to the bulkhead feeding to the matrix are red hot when the car is warmed up. It's currently in the hands of a very competent & experienced mechanic who thinks it may be an electronic sensor / switch fault but before he starts taking my dashboard to bits to access the matrix, I could really do with knowing what the problem might be, to potentially save hours of labour. :Aghast:

Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know ASAP if you can help.

Thanks in advance

James

2. wumps Junior Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sounds like a sensor for the heating gone down i had a similar problem on my merc climate

Last edited: Wednesday 14th Nov, 2012