General Wiper blades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eternal422, Tuesday 8th May, 2012.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What do you recommend? Cheap pair of aero flat at £6 or the genuine Honda at £18? Are there any differences - after all this type of wiper is just a lump of rubber? What do you think?

2. trailblazzer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got the Bosch Aero ones for £12 each in my local motor factors. They're great. Never had the real Honda ones so can comment.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never tried aftermarket one, I will never put a German part of Honda unless its a Honda genuine part. My car has an allergic reaction to German parts.

My genuine Honda wipers last two years and I use them quite a bit.

4. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Due to last years mild winter i got 2 years out of my OEM honda wipers. I only got 1 years use out of the pair before. This year im gonna get the flat honda blades instead

5. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Once, I installed a pair of inferior wiper blades on my car. And, it snowed on the day we were moving out of town. We could barely see the road ahead. The cheap wipers did very little to get snow flakes off the windshield. It was a very dangerous situation. Lesson learned. Since then, I only use highest quality, dealer recommended products for my car. And, they never fail me. These products are always tested and safe for my vehicle and come with a money back guarantee or warranty that ensures they are worth the money paid. Why risk your own life over a few dollars? So many other ways to save money than by shortcuts on car safety.

6. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tried some wipers recommended on another forum but when I fitted them they were so noisy it drove me mad, and I hate wipers that scrape across the windscreen. So I bought genuine Honda ones for a good price (I think so anyway) about 2 years ago and they are still silky smooth across my windscreen

7. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    If it's just a matter of £12 difference, why not go for real deal? You can always trust Honda quality. Can't say that for generic unknown brands.

8. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Last edited: Saturday 14th Mar, 2015
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

No, not tried those.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Me neither :Unknown:

11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I just fitted these recently as replacements for some genuine Honda ones that were 3 years old...
    and I'm very impressed with them.

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  12. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    .. and really cheap indeed. Even they look fine, I don´t think I will buy the Denso wipers, cause the Denso
    e-catalogue shows the wrong length for my car: 26" and 14" , The right length must be 26" and 16" ...

Last edited: Saturday 14th Mar, 2015
  13. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Actually, I measured the genuine Honda ones to be 15" and 26", but the new 16" one is fine.

I've had the exact same wipers (from that Amazon seller) on my other car for 18 months without problems.

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I have the Denso Hybrids sitting in my boot waiting for the rain to make an appearance so that I can find an excuse to fit them! They are supposed to be really good, got them for a tenner each from ECP.

15. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    ... I´m hoping for rain :Laughing: - could you give us a short feedback later?

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Yep sure, was gonna do a mini review of them, apparently its going to rain for most of the day tomorrow, so maybe finally get to try them out, but now I will have to fit them in the rain should have changed them today! :Violin:

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  17. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'm happy to report that my ultra-cheap wipers are performing excellently.

ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  18. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    At the risk of getting a reputation for 'being a bit tight', did I also recycled the old passenger side rubber blade insert by trimming it down to 12" and using it to replace the damaged rear wiper. This is also now working excellently.

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Nought wrong with a bit recycling :Thumbup:

20. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Good idea for the rear wiper.