Optional Extras Wiring a Towbar

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jbtb, Friday 13th Feb, 2015.

1. jbtb Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom john batt Uxbridge
    Hi all I have a 1999 honda accord 1.8 manual gear
    Can any of you tell me the wiring order so I can wire a towbar please I have fitted the towbar but still have the electrics to do ! So if someone can tell me what wire goes to what wire it will be fantastic

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    7 pin? Twin 7 pin? 13 pin? Are you needing a feed for a caravan/fridge. 7 pin is quite simple. You can buy the socket ready made with the cable. Find a permanent feed and test light each wire behind the light clusters. You will have a handy diagram with the socket. If your not confident with wiring don't attempt it.

3. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

as beefy says if in doubt stay out but if u are ok with electrics read the instructions for the type of connector, the indicator alarm is the one that is a bit iffy until u understand the instructions it is also a legal obligation now to have it fitted. before I did my own I had a local guy do it for £50 best of luck

4. jbtb Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its just a standard 7 pin for a small trailer

5. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

if its just a 7 pin trailer its hook up its straight forward info will come with the kit trailer will have lights already done or lighting board ready wired to the specs in your kit easy peasy have no fear all you have to do is locate the wires in your rear lights that match the colours given with the wiring diagram (comes with kit ) :Thumbup:

6. jbtb Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know the wires on the lighting bar it's the colours on the car I had in question !

7. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

take the lights out to see which wire goes to which bulb i.e rear left indicator join with snap clips (usually provided) to corresponding light number (provided with kit instructions) and colour socket. repeat until you have required lights connected, its easier when you have it all in front of you plugs diagrams sockets materials :Thumbup: