Electrical & Lights Wiring loom for front fog lights

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by matt park, Saturday 23rd Apr, 2016.

1. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    I've got some real nice front fog lights but i'm not sure which wiring loom i need for them.
    The bulbs are going to be HB4's and i found the below loom somewhere on here but i'm just triple checking they are the right ones.

I'm going to buy new bulbs with the male connector on, will this loom do the job?

2. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Yes and no.
    The wiring loom itself is probably good enough, but you need to, either solder the red and black wire to the front foglights or you can use flat crimp connectors to crimp them to the foglights.

Try looking at DIY section there is a guide on how to do some of the wiring to the preface lift Foglights.
    How to mount Foglights in a accord without factory fitted foglights Part 1

Attached Files:

exec likes this.
  3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@matt park that is the same loom that I have, although I have not fitted my foglights as of yet, but will get around to it. I did however have the forsight to cut part of the loom off the car I removed the foglights from and I will be soldering the wires to new connectors on the new wiring loom.

Fiskekutteren likes this.
  4. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    I fitted mine in today. Real easy, and they look AMAZING!! The trickiest bit was getting the connector through the firewall into to engine bay. It's all in now and working a treat. I will put some photos up soon.

Harvey likes this.
  5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nice one @matt park still haven't got around to doing mine. Where did you run the connector, because I am gonna run mine through the grommet on the drivers side.

6. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    I put it through just above the accelerator. I had an alarm fitted and he'd already made a hole there. Also, i drilled a hole in the little panel where you would get a fog light switch for tye switch on the loom. Again, i'll chuck photos up soon. The main bummer is that to change the bulbs you have to take the bumper off. I wanted to do a mod underneath the car but i couldn't see how i could do it. Also, on the drivers side there is not enough room even if you can get your hand up there.

7. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

when you get your fog lights, did you get original ones with the brackets? there should be a 10mm bolt that you access from the front of the car and the whole light assembly comes forwards out of the hole.

8. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    Mine are from a Type-R. They did not come with the brackets so i made some using corner braces from b&q. It seems to be holding them in nicely. I did try to find the original bracket but struggled, Lings for some reason could only supply one side and even then it would have to be shipped in from Japan, so i made my own.

I've stuck in some Osram Nightbreaker HB4's so hopefully i won't have to take the bumber off every 5 mins to change a bulb. And if i do, so be it.

9. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    Some pics.....well chuffed

image. image. image. image.

Ichiban, legend-ary and Harvey like this.
  10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good that does mate. On mine I will eventually install a genuine fog light switch and I have some of the loom for that as well.

matt park likes this.
  11. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    Nice, i would've done that but i've got that little alarm indicator there. I made a slight pigs ear of the panel when i drilled it so i'm on the hunt for another blank panel. If you want to get rid of yours when you get a fog light switch let me know

Harvey likes this.
  12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got cruise control, and that's where the switch lives. I'm in the scrappy tomorrow and I will grab one if I remember. got to get a new caliper bracket as I snapped a caliper slide pin in my one and well, that's it game over.

13. matt park Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

matt North London
    Ah, if you spot one that would be great. Let me know. No worries if not.
    Saw the pics about your caliper. Oooops a daisy

Harvey likes this.
  14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Poop happens unfortunately, not much I can do about that now other than hope there is one in the breakers yard.

matt park likes this.