General Work of The Devil

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Big H, Friday 4th Sep, 2015.

1. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    It's all well and good getting yourself a new car, but for me it has been many years since I've needed to read through a User Manual, so have to admit being horrified to find the one with the CR-V cosists of a whopping 666 pages and that didn't even include usage of the sat nav which justifies a publication all of of it's own.

Who said tech was there to make life easier?

Don't suppose Honda produce these in country specific PDF format so I can keep copies on my tablet and have the advantage of zooming in on the 'not so easy to read' text as it appears in the hard copy?

Does the forum carry enough sway with Honda to make this happen please?

2. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    I understand that they do publish the manuals in PDF for the North America market. I found manuals for the 2.4 petrol model with Google. Nothing seemed relevant to our European oil burners, though :Rant:.

3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Totally agree Big H. I often think that my copy of War and Peace is for a different version of car given the disparity between the content and the car in front of me.

I also think that Honda is very USA centric as all the useful info., parts, documentation, etc. that is available on the net is for the USA. I suppose it just reflects the volume of business they do in the States.

Keith

4. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Yes Keith
    Apart from being in Spanish (presumably because it was for a cancelled order), my manual also has the wrong instructions for the navigator (looks like the old DVD version). It's a pity I don't need a chocolate teapot, really.

5. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    Finally got around to posing the question to Honda of a UK Owners Manual as a PDF file.
    You may be interested to see their response.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.
    Please accept our apologies over any inconvenience cause in this situation.
    At the moment our Owner's Manuals come only in hard copies on paper. You may however be able to locate a .pdf version with one of our dealers, if you discuss the situation with them.
    You can locate the closest dealership to your location here:
    Find your dealer - Honda

Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Kind Regards,
    Georgi Draganov
    Honda Customer Service

May just be a typical brush-off, but I'll give my local dealer the chance to come up with the goods.
    Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

6. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Keep your head down, there's some low flying porkers approaching!

Keith

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What a load utter BS it's clear this chaps not based in the UK and has no clue or any grasp what is actually happening at the dealers let alone visited a dealer.No dealer in the UK as ever had any of the owners manual in PDF format EVER.

This is the standard system generated response these clueless brainless twits in the contact centre copy and past and attach their signature.

jimjams likes this.