Off-Topic Work on your car - what do you have planned this year?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ACC-CDI-2T, Friday 1st Jan, 2016.

1. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    o.k. - I will start ... my plans for 2016:
    as sometime in spring she hopefully will break the 300.000 km barrier .. :Smile: .. I would like to thank her for the extremely reliable cooperation with a beauty treatment at a professional car detailing shop ... :GiveRose::depressed::hairout::cleaning::Wub:

What are your plans for 2016?

Nels, legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good Thread! My task is to get my 7th Generation on the road after 10 months of laying idle and similar to your efforts is to get into tip top shape.

3. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Just waiting for the spring to do a paint detail.
    Probably going to do it myself or might get a good company to do it.
    If done myself it will probably take about 3 days :Grin:

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Well for starters my audio build begins on the 4th Jan. . Then once the winter is over the winter wheels will be coming off,, lowered,,camber arms fitted and back on with the 18s.
    I also need to get my spoiler and side skirts fitted and play around with some plastidip :Smile:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've got plenty in mind but how much of that will actually get done is another question entirely LOL

ACC-CDI-2T and legend-ary like this.
  6. rimmo Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
    Already made a start. Spent new years day replacing standard headunit with a Dab double din unit.
    Also while I had dash apart installed blue led ambient footwell lighting with remote dimming function.:BooYeah:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'll get my new wheels fitted in the Spring.

Other than that it will just be keeping it nice and clean, and possibly getting some side steps and the rear spoiler if I can find a good deal.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I need to get a pair of dash cams installed in each of our cars, but I will have to do a little research first. :detective: & :sherlock:

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I've got a few jobs to do on mine when the weather us better otherwise I'm thinking of buying another car so nothing major planned on current one, but don't know what car to get...:Ermm:

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oo interesting.. you mean to replace the Accord or an additional car?

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Unless I manage to move house with a driveway I would keep the Accord, that would be ideal, otherwise might have to sell her to buy something else :Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing:

12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

ohh.. thats a shame.. but yeah one must move on and if you are thinking of moving to another Honda than no need to be sad .. maybe a 7th Generation Accord??

13. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I hope to do the following:

Wrap the centre console and door handles to hide the awful blue wood effect
    Fix the tailgate closer
    Find a set of genuine type-s skirts to cut and shut with my current ones so they actually fit properly around the door shuts
    Make the rear lip fit properly and put the reflectors into it instead of the bumper underneath it (or do away with the reflectors and put in LED lightbars as reversing lights
    Find and fit someway of having a reverse camera on the pre-facelift sat nav headunit without the expense of an x-carlink
    Wheel refurb and 4 good tyres like my last tourer
    Cover the headlining with black alcantara (or cheaper durable alternative)
    Look into a proper managed air ride system
    Full and thorough service and health check
    Remap
    Try and make it as tidy underneath as my last one.

Then, possibly looking to tuning options.

Once again, it appears I have a project as a daily driver :Frown:

Last edited: Saturday 2nd Jan, 2016
  14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Might wash the damned thing this year but no promises :lol:

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I recon a cheap composite to VGA convertor box (about £15) may do the trick. VGA is RGBHV, so separate Horizontal and Vertical sync, the Accord Sat Nav screen needs RGBS, so you'd need to combine the two synch signals. Then just inject the resulting RGBS signal into the screen. See my CarPC install (link is in my Project Log).

PeteMM likes this.
  16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I love the look of the 7th Generation, not a huge fan of the dashboard though and I think it will be too same as the 6th Generation, I want something more raw and powerful, an ATR is on top of my list, but it seems impossible to find a decent example and most seem to be rustbuckets underneath, don't want to move from a trouble free and near rust free car to one that will need lots of work, hate nothing more than something that doesn't work and constantly needs fixing, as Honda said isnt it nice when things just work? :Grin: my 6g has spoilt me in that regards.

legend-ary likes this.
  17. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I think we all know that 6th Generation ATRs are money pits so maybe find yourself a 7th Generation Euro R or 2.4 Type-S ;D or you can always go for Civic EV1 like the one @RogerH69 has.. 160bhp 2.0 will be plenty fast and much more practical.

exec likes this.
  18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^If you can manage without lots of space (and depending on your budget), an older S2000 perhaps would fit the bill? Or an Integra? Or a Civic Type-S or Type-R??

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...00&quicksearch=true&postcode=nw16jl&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...dcars&sort=default&postcode=NW1 6JL&logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...earlynew,new&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p

Maybe you could look at a Japanese domestic market import, that might open up a whole world of other opportunities?

Or ignore the 'raw and powerful' and go for 'wafty and luxurious' with a Legend...:Smile:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...honda&maximum-age=over_10_years_old&logcode=p

This needs a thread of its own @exec :goodluck:

exec and legend-ary like this.
  19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    @legend-ary I like the look of the CL7 but they are way overpriced, like 7-8k and they have EPS which I don't like same with the CL1 around 5-6k and EPS. The CL9 2.4 would be a good option but has no LSD which I would like and the Civic Type-S isn't special or sporty enough for me, not much quicker or raw than the 6g.

@FirstHonda An S2000 would make an awesome 2nd car and the DC2 is my ideal car ticks everything I like, but practicality would be an issue, I do a lot of family errands so 4 doors comes in really handy. The Legend is unfortuantely won't suit my driving style. too big, heavy and comfy :Tongue: I might need look out of the Honda brand :SOS: if I can't find anything always fancied a Subaru but find the maintenance side offputting.

Anyway sorry this is really off topic, i'll make a thread on it when i'm in the actual position to change cars.

FirstHonda likes this.
  20. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

hmm.. fair points but good thing with Accords are they are sleepers... CTR would have been a good candidate but you need 4 doors so why not get an EV1/EU8 and put in an EP3 motor! :O sounds tasty!!