Off-Topic work

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by richb87, Thursday 9th Apr, 2015.

1. richb87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom richard rhyl
    Just wondering what everybody's chosen career is, did you choose what you do or just end up falling into something? And are you enjoying it?

I'm a plasterer, self employed. Absolutely love the work, has its pitfalls but what job dosent

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I work in IT (for my sins), I do enjoy it but wished I'd gone into Engineering instead.

richb87 likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I wanted to be a forensic criminal profiler - was just about to start my Honours in Forensic Science 10 years ago when the wife fell pregnant so the money I was putting towards fees had to be filtered to more important things, as time moved on, the plans fell by the wayside. Im now too far along to go back and carry on with that.

richb87 likes this.
  4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My avatar says it all.
    Do I enjoy it? ? Not particularly but money is ok ish I suppose.
    Always wanted to be a policeman (armed response) but unfortunately it never happened and I am too old and fat now to pursue police career.

Pottermus likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I originally started as a automotive technician then jumped ship to IT since the late 2000's after finishing with Honda and now I want out of the IT trade its does my head in.

May be back into the automotive world.

richb87 likes this.
  6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Started at a computer training company, fast tracked to it's headoffice but it went t*ts up, so went into alarms, loved it but pay was terrible. Now manager of an electrical contractors.

richb87 likes this.
  7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Professional Hitman. Pays well but no pension.

8. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chemistry teacher.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I work in IT and it's something that I chose from a young age simply because a I enjoyed it and b I was good at it so made sense to work towards that field. However my dream job would be something in the automotive world as cars are my lifelong passion, perhaps something like a test driver for Honda so I can drive all the Honda models :neo:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. richb87 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom richard rhyl
    Test driver I like that! get paid to drive all the latest cars

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That was my favourite subject and still love it. At 16 I had the best chemistry laboratory anyone could have seen ...but I blew it up something to do with hydrogen and a spark.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You need to stick to automotive and let Chris look after the chemistry lab. :teasing:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh yeah that chem lab was packed up and shipped to a local school pronto apparently the entire house shook and I was in A&E with glass fragment embedded in every orifice.

I was wearing my safety glasses :professor: so my eyes were ok. :focus::dunce::Pathead:

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:shock:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My parent got hold of me and gave me a kicking of a lifetime not the first with me was pretty immune to all sorts of punishment. :spiteful: