General Working my baby to hard.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toggerefc, Friday 4th Oct, 2013.

1. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Hello glad to be back. Been busy having lots of fun. Doing plenty of tough miles in my ACCORD. Pushing her a bit to far I think. Even though she gets serviced every 6,000 I have a feeling she needs rest. My baby has just passed the 50k mark which I realise is nothing to a HONDA .However there are tell tale signs that things are not too well. There is a humming or groaning sound coming from one of my wheels I think it could be the rear. Also the radiator fan keeps coming on and off all the time. Time to start putting some love back I think. I do realise that the fan should go on and off but it also is making a sort of groaning noise any advise guys and gals.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fan will go and off if you have the climate control on that normal. As for noises well all cars makes them just locating that noise is the key.
  3. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the quick response Ichiban. The bearing I can sort if I get around to it. It's when the fan starts seems to be making a loader noise than normal. Not really the fan that's making the noise but a droaning sort of sound when fan kicks in .
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Often on the Hondas I've found that what sounds like a wheel bearing is actually worn out wheels or chamber on the rears that has gone out.
  5. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks SpeedyGee I will look into that. Apart from that my fan problem seems to have disappeared. Checked relays fuses etc and they're ok and practically everything else around fan. Drove a short journey today and hey presto it's working. I will check the wiring to see if there could be a loose connection somewhere. Hate it when a fault just disappears. Thanks for your advice about wheel bearing.