Off-Topic Worst courtesy car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Monday 28th Apr, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Was given this "thing" the other week, horrible inside and out, who would buy one?
    2010-chevy-spark.

But that is not the worst, 20 years ago I was given one of these....
    Toyota_Tercel_Wagon_4WD_SR5.

It came with a warning from the garage
    1 - do not go over 40mpg
    2 - do not engage 4x4
    3 - do not use 5 gear (not a problem because of item 1)

John Dickson, FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where you given that Chevy\Daewoo Matis by a Honda dealer or an independent ?

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

It came from Enterprise, don't Honda dealership only offer Jazz?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange? is your car in at a Honda dealer and they are awaiting a critical part which is talking 5 days or more to land?

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Strange you ask as my Accord is going into the garage today for a new clutch master cylinder, not a Honda garage and no courtesy car being given.

The Chevy was via work.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Since I have had my Accord I've only had new Civic, Jazz and Jazz Hybrid courtesy cars...all of which have been excellent :Smile:

VW rarely had an automatic car available, so I generally had to get a taxi to and from the garage. What great service! Had a new Golf while my Tiguan was having its new gearbox. It was rubbish, really poor - just couldn't see what all the fuss was about, but by then (TBF) I had rather fallen out of "love" with VW :Rant:

MINI never have auto courtesy cars either, but at least they collect/deliver or will drive you home/collect if you'd rather not have somebody else drive your car.

Many years ago, when I still had my Hyundai (the dealer was also Mitsubishi), I remember having a Mitsubishi Carisma that was pretty dire...but also a brand new 3ltr Space Wagon which was awesome! I cleaned out my garage that day...:Whistle:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    LOL , Sometime Honda will get customers a hire car if there is a delay in sourcing a critical\available part, the dealer has to raise the forms for the courtesy car and Honda UK settle it with the hire company. A small service provided by Honda for the inconvenience.

Hope you get your car back soon and out of the Chevy soon.

8. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I used the collection service for my old Accord.

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's just a redressed Vauxhall so will have the usual standard GM awfulness about it.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A few years ago, one of the major rental companies supplied me with a 'Courtesy Car'
    The staff in the rental office thought it was the best car they had in, so I gave it a go.
    The 'Bad Boy Vectra' It said so on the key tag !

Vectra.

Without doubt, an absolute pile of . . . rubbish - Well that's the kindest thing I can say.

Yes it was powerful, but you'd need your own oil refinery to keep it going.
    It was heavy, had terrible handling, had so many rattles and wobbles, and felt like they'd forgotten to fit the suspension.
    I took it back the next morning.
    Hated it. They thought I was crazy. "But it's not costing you anything" they said.

All they had in was a VW Touran

imagesCKT7JRBN.

Also horrible, but a hundred times better than the Vectra.

So happy when I gave it back :Smile:

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never had the misfortune to have to drive a Vectra. However having experienced it's replacement the Insipid in all it's awfulness I assume the Vectra was even worse (finding it hard to quantify something worse than an Insignia) as you'd hope the Insipid was "progress". The Vectra dash looked as though they bust the £2.25 budget designing it so that gives plenty warning of how nasty the car is.

I've had the misfortune to drive a Touran before. All the nastiness of the Golf and more unstable in the corners.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

When I was younger, I had a Cavalier. Yes, yes, don't laugh too much. It was actually a decent ride in those days.
    The problem was, they hadn't managed to get enough oil to flow around the overhead cams.
    A common fault. One of many that followed.

The Touran I drove was better than the Vectra, and I felt safer in the VW !

At least we now have our Accords now :Drinks:

John Dickson likes this.
  13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Another classic Vauxhall gaffe! Wasn't there an issue with the 3rd Generation Astra 1.8 Sport? Something about the wrong size valves being installed in engine in the factory?

If they can't even get the basics right, what hope is there for them? :Unknown: