Aftermarket Kit Worth While Performace Mods

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by jonmrbean, Thursday 24th May, 2012.

1. jonmrbean New Member Getting Started

Hello to you all just bought my first Honda (2002 Accord 2.0i SE VTEC) Realy what I am after is some more info on what sort of performance goodies I can buy & the best place to buy from.

I would like to add a Performance Air Filter something like a K&N 57i kit or similar, Sports Exhaust either an off the shelf type or a custom built system prefably Stainless Steel, maybe an upgraded/remapped ECU also a set of lowered springs.

If you can please guide me in the right direction would be appreciated a lot.

Thanks in advance

Jon

2. alvinaccord Member

bolton
    I believe the Civic ECU gopes in and already has the lug in thingy to be mapped?

3. Davsurfa Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've put a CAI and Scorpion backbox on. The exhaust isn't obnoxiously loud more deep and throaty, the CAI sounds superb on VTEC and gives a nice little cough when you turn the engine off. A trick I found when I had a Hyundai Coupe was after changing anything on the engine(performance wise) is to disconnect the battery, turn the ignition on as if starting the car for 10 seconds, then reconnect the battery. This resets the ECU and after 150ish miles it re-learns the modifications such as a free flowing exhaust, induction kit and how you drive so if you drive like a granny the power is delivered less aggressively but if you drive like you stole it all the time then the delivery is more lively.

4. japcarmaniac Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

depends on your budget. you can start low with bolt ons or spend the cash on itbs, remapps or even a turbo.

5. jonmrbean New Member Getting Started

hmmm My Budget Air Filter up to £50 Exhaust up to £300 Springs up to £150 Maybe look at a remap/custom chip later on Superchips offer a 10b.h.p. chip for £249 dunno if there any good ? Any more suggestions on where to get the best price/discounts on offer ?

Thanks

Jon

6. bbyshouse Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

start with small stuff. i put a cold air in mine (100 USD). if you do that just be sure to have a splash shield and a bi-pass valve or you run a high chance of blowing your motor sky high because of water. then i put iridium spark plugs (12 USD each) in. MAJOR differnce in torque. headers are always nice since they come stock with 4-1 then straight to the CAT converter, try looking for either a 4-2-1 header (80 USD on ebay) or go massive with double Y headers. those are kinda pricey