Engine & Gearbox Would like some maintenance info for 2012 Legend

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by 1lieutenant, Wednesday 17th Aug, 2016.

1. 1lieutenant New Member Getting Started

United States Steve Avon

New member here from the US. I have a 2012 Acura TL AWD with the 3.7L engine. I have been searching the forum for oil recommendations for the J37 engine from that year but can only find from 2007-2010.

I would appreciate if one of the owners could post for me oil recommendations from the manual. A link to a PDFs of the page would be great.

This engine, in North America, has been prone to excessive oil consumption from the years of 2010 to 2014. Has this been an issue in the EU? My thought is our recommendation of only 5w20 oil is insufficient for this engine.

2. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Take it this is one of your posts

World Wide oil recommendations for 3.7L engine - AcuraZine Community

Sorry I can't help got the previous 3.5 legend

- AFAIK the legend 3.7 was not made available in the UK so it is unlikely someone will have an owners manual here in the UK

From what I have just read briefly there seems to be an ongoing issue with burning oil consumption in the 3.7
    Hope someone in EU can help
    good luck
  3. 1lieutenant New Member Getting Started

United States Steve Avon
    Yes, that was my post. I was hoping to get actual input from owner's manual rather than oil company website.

Also trying to find out if owners of J37 engine in EU have oil consumption issues