Tyres & Wheels Would these wheels fit my Accord Tourer?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Adnan_4116, Friday 26th Feb, 2016.

1. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Adnan High Wycombe
    Hello all,

Can you guys advise if these alloy wheels on the car below would fit my 2004 Accord Tourer? These wheels are from a 2006 Civic Sport 225/45/R17?

Honda_Civic_zps7s04ttjj.

My nephew took these off his Honda Civic, as he replaced his with newer larger ones and now has this set as a spare gathering dust. Contemplating whether they will fit my Accord and if they will look any good?? Thoughts please... Has anyone else had these fitted to an Accord and if so, do you have any photos of the car with these wheels?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hi Adnan whats the size of your current wheels/tyres?
    - - - Updated - - -
    It looks like the wheels will fit as they have the same bolt pattern and Centre Bore however there are other differences such as rim offset and change of rolling dia which will affect the speedo so I will let one of the more expert members tell you if it is good idea or not.

Accord Wheel Sizes
    accord.PNG
    Civic Wheel Sizes
    civic.PNG

off.PNG

Zebster likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Civic wheels do fit, but the offset is wrong. I'm currently running winter tyres on Civic wheels and the lower offset results in much more road dirt splattering up the bodywork.

legend-ary likes this.
  4. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    They will be fine. I'm running the same wheels on my CL9 at the moment with winter tyres. @legend-ary I'm sure that info is wrong. Having owned both side by side for 2 years I'm certain the 7th Generation accord and 8th Generation Civic have exactly the same size wheels and tyres.

Adnan_4116 likes this.
  5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    fair enough. I haven't owned either :Grin: so can only tell from references.

6. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

225/45/17 +55 offset is what it should be for both cars. That info looks like it's for the 8th Generation accord and 7th Generation Civic

7. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks for the info guys - didn't expect a response this quickly!

I think my current wheels are 205 60 16 - they are tiny for such a big car. I don't want to go much bigger, the 17" Civic ones just look a lot smarter than the current ones I have.
    @qc2 - have you got any photos of your Accord with these wheels by any chance?

8. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don't but let me try and snap a few later when I'm home. Also 205 55 16 should be the correct size rather than 205 60 16. Tyre shop charts often have it wrong but the door shut labels will have them printed

9. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've just checked my tyre sizes and they are actually 195/65 R15!! These are absolutely tiny! Didn't realise they were this small! Definitely need to change these to the Civic Sport wheels now...

10. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    A few years ago I spotted a Honda dealership selling a 7th Generation Accord saloon - approved used - with those 17" Civic wheels on it. Looked great.

11. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. Adnan_4116 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @qc2 - they look great! Been trying to find a decent set of these Civic wheels, however have come across two sets of 18" Honda wheels which I quite like - one set is the Honda 18" Storm wheels, the other is the Honda 18" Altimo wheels. Both are 225/40/18 - Can anyone tell me whether these will fit or whether I need to add/remove wheel spacers? According to willtheyfit.com - it states the following:

"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 24.3mm further away from the suspension strut.The outer rim will poke out 49.7mm more than before."

Do I need to be concerned about this?

13. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

18" storms are the other wheels I run in the summer. check my garage entry to see those. These would be direct fit also. You have good taste!