Introductions Wow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by slovakbaby, Monday 30th Jan, 2012.

1. slovakbaby New Member Getting Started

Hello every 1, got my first Honda few weeks back well impressed with it (after yrs of buying german cars though i would try a Honda), any way after a carefull wash and wax last weekend i noticted its beginning to RUST, yes thats right RUST i could hardly beleive what i was seeing little rust spots on the roof and bonnet, so i contacted my local Honda dealership and guess what theres nothing that they can do even though the car is only 3 yrs and 3 months old i was SHOCKED. Has any 1 else had this problem? if plse get in touch. thanks

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC. What's your exact model and mileage. Maybe posting some pics will help.

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    need to know a little more about your car buddy. did the dealership start a claim with honda for you and take pictures of the rust? perhapse a seccond oppinion may be the best route to take if so?.......need some pictures realy to understand where your problem lies

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome
    My previous Honda was 6 year old when i sold it and there was no rust anywhere and current one is 3 year old ,so far i didnt see nothing like that.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    these little rust spots........are they litraly like spall specs?.....is your paintwork rough when sliding your hand accross it? your problem may be an environmental one and i have seen this before when somone has been angle grinding/cutting near a car. the hot specs of metal stick to the laquer and begin to rust. perhapse your car needs claying and proffesionaly compounding.

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Zoran makes a good point, mines six years old and 122k miles, but no rust.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC, if this rust is due to stone chips then that won't be classed as a fault ,but just sheer negligence to touch up the affected spots.

As the guys have already said get soe pictures up we will be intreseted to see it. Honda paint isnt the hardest in the world and is prone to chipping very easily.

8. slovakbaby New Member Getting Started

Hi All, thanks for your prompt reply, my vehicle is Accord ES GT 2.2 I DTEC, 2008 plate (october 08) will get some pics posted ASAP. Cheers

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi and welcome, will be interested to see your pics, sounds like it could be stone chips like CJ says if they are at the front of the roof and bonnet, anyway let's have a look and try to solve this mystery!

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC. Sorry to hear about your rust problems. As already posted could you put some pictures up on it. If you are near a bodyshop why not call in and ask for their opinion. If you ask them for a quote they'll probably be more forthcoming (you don't have to accept it).

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome. Stone chips or tree sap could be the problem or even bird poo sorry droppings

I`ve seen it happen will be interresting to see your pictures.