ICE & HFT XCarlink & Drive & Play

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Fatzman, Wednesday 25th Jan, 2012.

1. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys
    I'm looking at installing a Connects2 Aux Adapter to connect my harmon/kardon Drive&play to my Accord.
    Has anyone got any history with the C2 adapter.?
    I don't need to control the ipod or charge it as it's all done through the Drive&Play.
    As all my music is now in Mp3 format and on my pod, the loss of the cd player wouldn't really bother me either.

I really don't want to fork out the extra £50 for the XCarlink for functions I wouldn't use.
    Unless of course the C2 is a box of spanners.

Any advice warmly welcome

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    is it this device? I can't see why it won't work their webiste suggest it compatible with the 2001 accord and upwards. But no one that I recall has fitted this device. Infact the first time I have heard of this device and company.

3. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

HI Ichiban
    Yes that's the one, the one on ebay comes with the cables for a plug and play installation.
    Ebay No-350501778849
  4. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I came across this one when I was looking, but decided on the xcarlink to get it's integration. I believe there is a connects2 that works with the Accord which plugs into the spare cd changer socket on the back of the head unit so you should be ok.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Martin you have an excellent guide on How to install the xcarlink by Tony , it the same principle for the install, and it would be brilliant if this works for you. As you have already indicated it for one particular need and no doubt others may follow if they had known this was possible.

However would speak to connects2 they are in Tipton and see if they can clarify which particular model will suit your needs, the picture I have attached is different from the one with the ebay item.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi CJ
    The one on there website is listed for a Pioneer stereo (CTVHOX001)
    The one on E-bay hopefully is for the Alpine unit (CTVHOX002)
    I have emailed connects2 to verify the difference and any recommendations that they have,
    will post the results when they reply.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Martin wait to hear from you, hopefully some positive news:Grin:
  8. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

9. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a quick update, I've ordered the Connects2 kit for the Accord (CTVHOX002). Hopefully if it arrives tomorrow then I'll fit it over the weekend. I'm also going to fit my Harmon/Kardon Drive&Play at the same time. I'll try and take some photos and document the whole installation. I'll miss off the removal of panels/radio as eternal422 has done a bang up job already.

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Let us know how you get on. Have you got a garage as it'll be very cold in the car!
  11. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Connects2 didn't turn up this morning so no worries getting cold installing it today. I do have a garage Paul but I can't get the car into it
    because of the angle of the doors, anyway my Triumph 955i would get in the way.
  12. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Connects 2 arrived this morning so as it's quite warm today I thought i'dd fit it.
    The instructions that came with it were for a Vauxhall /Opel stalk interface (not a good start).
    Anyway i downloaded them from their website , but it still doesn't mention Honda's or Accords.
    I took out the unit out of the car ad tried with all the cables and nothing worked.
    I'll contact the manufacturer and the supplier but not impressed so far.!!

Will report back later, when I get a reply
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wait and see what happens bud, it's not a good start but mistakes do happen.
  14. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you get no joy just return it. We've got a discount code for xcarlink which knows a little bit off if that'll do what you need it to. Just another option for you.
  15. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, Im looking to buy the xcarlink, and would be interested in the discount code pleeeease:Smile: