ICE & HFT xcarlink installed today

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by accordsedan, Sunday 19th Feb, 2012.

1. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Installed my xcarlink today, thanks to the how-to article published by @eternal422

Everything works great, and I installed a rear camera cable while I had the dvd unit out, don't have the camera yet but its all ready to go.:Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Plus one for eternal422! and well done to you it not hard when you know how to do it.

3. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If anyone is thinking about running cables to the rear of the car, I recommend going along one side of the vehicle. I started off running it through the centre console, but hit a snag when i got to the back and the carpet is so stiff and moulded i couldn't lift it.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good tip. Did you use the discount code?

5. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Actually, there was a local car audio store near me in Wandsworth who had the xcarlinks in stock and he sold it to me for the same discount.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fair do's can't complain with that lol!

7. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Glad you found my guide helpful! Enjoy being able to use your iPod in the car - the xcarlink is a great piece of kit.

8. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

it is a good bit of kit, i use it with my iPhone, so i particularly wanted something that would charge it too as the battery can go down fairly quick as i use a lot of internet on it!

9. WSheridan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds amazing guys- I am rubbish at DIY so do you know of anyone in the Edinburgh, Glasgow area who could do this. I have one of those FM transmitters and they suck. This sounds fab

10. nduli Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as am i, but if you follow the guide by eternal422 or search on the Civic info website for the satnav guide guide you can't go wrong, leave yourself 2-3hrs, have the tools you need ready, a few brews don't rush and you can do it, its really not that difficult and when you have done it you'll be more than impressed with yourself.

i had issues with my first xcarlink so the centre console came apart 10times plus so i can do the job on my car in 20mins max now and i am fairly hopeless at DIY and electrics....

11. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What discount do you get off the xcar link as im going to be getting one very shortly with the bluetooth. Also where is the best place to have the mike and the best way to feed it up to whatever place people have put it? thanks guys.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will drop you the discount code, the discount level will come up at check out.

13. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok thanks for that.

14. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just tried the code and it doesnt seem to work?

15. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone got another code for the xcarlink as the one i tried using doesnt work.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    may have to get another for you.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have a PM with the new discount code. please ensure its used wisely :Wink:

18. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just ordered my xcarlink so should get it thursday and hopefully fit it then as im going on holiday on the friday so would be nice for it to be working.

19. dc2blair Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey all,

Im new around here, I've introduced myself, but the main reason to join this forum was to see its wealth of knowledge especially around how to get aux and ipod into my car !!

It would be greatly appreciated if i could have the discount code also :Grin:

Blair

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Blair drop me a personal message I will send you discount code buddy.