Aftermarket Kit Xcarlink problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by compo, Sunday 13th Apr, 2014.

1. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Colin bradford
    Just fitted the xcarlink to my tourer I get the charging icon on my iPod but don't seem to be able to get any music through the radio am I missing something really obvious

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Have you put the radio onto the Aux/CDDC input?

3. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've pressed the aux/cd button but nothing happens their is power going through the xcarlink as it's charging the iPod. wonder if my head unit is faulty?

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I doubt there will be something wrong with the headunit itself, it's probably something really simple. I have a different unit but it works in a similar way.

The version of xcarlink you have, does it support other types of input and if so, have you tried them yet?

5. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It has has the headphone socket input lead but I don't get anything from that either I will start from scratch to check everything out of interest when no xcarlink is connected does the aux/cd button display anything when pressed with a cd playing cheers

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Try this...
    1. Turn iPod off
    2. Connect XcarLink cable to iPod
    3. IPod should turn on and want PIN
    4. Enter PIN and set to play music, ensuring volume is turned up, about 3/4 way
    5. Turn down volume on head unit and press CD button twice, then turn up volume on head unit.
    6. If still no sound, check cable into iPod is seated correctly.
    7. If you have a 3.5mm plug on your XcarLink, try that too.
    8. If still no sound, check multi-plug cable from XcarLink is FIRMLY and FULLY pushed into head unit
    If the cable to the iPod isn't just wright, it will appear connected, but not play sound.

In case you don't have it, I've enclosed a PDF of the manual.

Attached Files:

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Does it display cdc? Check the connection at the xlink box.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

If it's got a working connection to the unit "CDDC" will appear on the LED display.

9. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just had a look at the guide and think i may have plugged into the wrong socket my car doesn't have the sat nav and i have plugged into the socket underneath and it should go in the back according to the guide

10. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bit of an update after loads of messing about it turns out the xcarlink was faulty . So I've managed to get my money back , so now I'm going to do what I should have in the first place and order a new one from xcarlink themselves . Is there a dicount still available if their is could I have a code please .

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There certainly was a while back, @Ichiban will be able to let us know.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have Pm's Colin with an older code if that does not work we will approach Xcarlink.