ICE & HFT xcarlink question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by si_d_2003, Thursday 20th Mar, 2014.

1. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hey, I bought an xcarlink for my accord. It's the one with usb, sd sport and rf something. Is there any way to connect my HTC one x android to it for music as it won't do anything when I press aux. the xcarlink clicks and on the radio display it says cdc 5 track 99 and then goes to CD 8 99. And goes back and forwards.
    Thanks

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Do other sources through the auxiliary jack work? For example, have you tried an MP3 player or a laptop to test if it works otherwise?

I have a similar unit and I just use mine with an SD card that's always plugged in :Smile:

3. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The phone charges through usb, and I select my phone to act as usb storage but it still doesn't play. I try playing music on my phone but it comes throught the phone speaker. it doesnt have a 3.5jack either.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not sure on the USB storage side of it as I have a different unit, it generally scans the storage device (in this case your phone's on-board memory or SD) for music files in a particular folder. I have the same phone mate, and it does have a 3.5" auxiliary jack.

5. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is the one I have, is it the line in because it looks square?

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes mate it is, you should have had a little adaptor cable for that port which converts it to a normal 3.5" jack.

8. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No I got it from fleebay, damm, so im missing a bit then. Ill see if I can get it from xcarlink website. Do you know if anywhere else might sell it?

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've just been looking at your unit on the xcarlink website, it doesn't mention that the package comes with the line-in and I can't find it in their "accessories" section either. Google images shows "xcarlink line in" adaptors that look like they'll fit though. Might be best dropping the company an email.

10. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Defiant, will do!

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Only just seen your question.
    I contacted XCarLink last November after I bought an iPod/MP3 unit off eBay - didn't have a user manual.
    They were pretty good... eventually, so I've now got a pdf user manual.
    I think it covers all units.

Attached Files:

si_d_2003 and Chunkylover53 like this.
  12. si_d_2003 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thx nels, I'll take a look. Did urs have the adapter?

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Mine was the old iPhone/iPod connector allowing control of the device from the head unit and steering wheel.
    There is also a 3.5mm jack. Didn't cost much, and covered what I needed.
    The guy that sent me the pdf said it was the manual covering all the devices.

Sorry, don't know much more than that.
    If all else fails, message them on their web page.
    They weren't the fastest in responding, but did help me out.
    http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/