ICE & HFT Xcarlink

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by Irishgooner, Thursday 8th May, 2014.

1. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Hi every1 new to the site n this has probably been done before do I'm sorry to bring it up again would like to be able to connect my iphone to my standard radio which is a single cd unit my Type-S has anybody fitted to this type of unit is if easy and is it worth it just have to go to the trouble of getting it ordered and delivered to me over here not much or anything over in ireland thanks
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    There's an excellent guide on the site here, if you have a search there's also a lot of information already on the site about it. In short, they're simple to install for a novice and the easiest way to get modern audio features in the 7th Generation Accord.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's not a difficult job, but I recommend getting a set of trim removal tools. They're only a few pounds. Saves damaging the dash.
    It's worth noting that the metal clips holding the trim in become rough with age, so they may need a little persuading.
    There are loads of youtube clips too. Worth a watch to get the gist.
    Let us know how you get on. :Smile:
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I have look into this and came across too many issues with Xcarlink, quality and realibility issues, so held off, they are too expensive for what they are too, £90-120 for essentially a small converter box. They should be £40 max.
  5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I had an Xcarlink for 4 years in my Mazda 3 without a single issue and was the first thing I installed in my new Accord.
    Ichiban and Nels like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@exec ,
    If you keep an eye on ebay/Amazon etc, they often have used units for sale at much better prices.
    exec likes this.