Electrical & Lights Xenon headlight replacment

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naslam968, Monday 19th Aug, 2013.

1. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I have bad condensation in my car's headlights, need to replace them and thinking of installing the Facelift headlights.

Question I have is:

If I buy Halogen Facelift headlights how easy it is to install Xenon from 2003 Exec model onto Facelift model Headlights.

Any advice or instruction will be much appreciated.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why not source a facelift headlight off a 2.4 ADAS model they are HID from factory save you the load of faffing around.

3. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you are looking at getting think HIDs from an ADAS model you won't find many being broke (if any) as this model is pretty rare!

However, if you want to go the route of replacing the headlight with facelift ones then you'll need to split the seal both the old and new headlamps - this is not that difficult but very messy. And by doing the split you are probably breaking the seal on the new lights too! Anyhow, if you do split just remove the clear plastic and the side-light blue plastic and re-affix to your older head-light case backing. Once done re-seal the whole unit using aquarium sealant or similar.

4. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Sounds complicated and messy job, why don't I just install H1 HID lights, I have the HID H4 kit from my old car and just need new H1 HID bulbs to complete conversion from Halogen to HID. Sounds less complicated and messy job.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    You could but won't be legal you would need auto levelling and headlight washers as well

6. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well seeing as you've HIDs already (a 2003 EX) you've the autolevelling and washers already. So you're right, you could just swap, but the scatter patten would be out of focus. There is a difference between HIDs and Halogens in the shape of the light they emit (single point versus arc) so if you put HIDs into a Halogen designed projector you'll get focus problems and scatter issues.
    Not to mention you would have to rewire to take the new ballasts or different shaped bulbs (DS2 vs H1)

See here:- Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

7. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I am very peculiar about my things and wouldn't want to have out of alighn headlights although they would look absolutely beautiful.

Stuck with old headlight until I find 2006 or 2003 HID lights.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I like your style I am too of the same way of thinking do it do it right ,don't be trapped by cost as you deciding factor.

9. Aty01 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

is there any cost effective way to get autolevelling and washers fitted to honda accord 2.2 2009 EX, as it doesnt have it factory fitted

Cheers

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its expensive bud..not worth the effort to retro fit.