Electrical & Lights xenon lights not levelling

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mozzyd, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2013.

1. mozzyd New Member Getting Started

Hi Guys newbie. I have noticed (more by people flashing me) that the lights on my 2003 2.4 accord exec nav are high and pretty blinding. I understood they should self level. So im guessing i have a fuse or some sort of sensor has gone.

If its a sensor, is it something an amateur can swap or is a dealer thing?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello..

Do you have aftermarket HIDs or are they standard? have the bulbs been changed lately?

The self adjusters only work when the car is laden with weight or undulation in the road surfaces but the changes are so minor you won't even notice it.

So if headlamps are incorrectly aligned then you have no other alternative to take it t MOT station to see what the beam is doing then adjust them accordingly.

3. mozzyd New Member Getting Started

Cheers, They are as the vehicle was supplied standard kit. I only noticed as people flash me all the time as if i have main beam on. Not changed any bulbs (thought they were sealed units, maybe wrong,never looked). They are bad though i passed the wife the other night (she was in the accord) and they were VERY bright so no wonder i am getting flashed.

I assumed there is something wrong as in the past when i turned the lights on the beam wouldtrack up the garage door now it doesnt.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just get the car checked out bud it could be it needs aligning. Best get it done ASAP before plod gets hold of you.