Electrical & Lights Yaw Rate sensor issue?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by skullianz, Friday 6th Feb, 2015.

1. skullianz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom ian winchester
    we have a '54 plate petrol FR-V and I have been having intermittent issues with the VSA and engine management warning lights flashing up on my dash recently , my wife took it to a garage who put the diagnostic computer thing on it and came up with a YOR rate sensor issue, can anyone help tell me what that is and what I need to do to fix it?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What happened if you attempted to delete that error ? did that come back?

It's actually Yaw rate and not Yor :Wink:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    A yaw rate sensor determines the angle between the direction the vehicle should be heading and direction that it is going. This is called the yaw rate.

The yaw rate sensor should be somewhere under the dash.

I've never heard of one failing though.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They're also under the front seats on some Honda models.

5. skullianz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I realise I spelt it wrong now, it was how my wife spelt it to me over the phone, sadly she is dyslexic and is always spelling stuff wrong and it hadn't occurred to me that it was yaw and not yor.

It has been now cleared and seems to have solved it for the time being.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    yaw sensor is under the carpet behind the passenger dashboard undercover. I've not come across a problem with these on an FR-V. has your battery been flat recently? sometimes these codes are pulled up because of low voltage.

Princepugh and Ichiban like this.
  7. skullianz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes I had a flat battery, which has been replaced, however the problem did re-occur post battery replacement a quick visit to the garage has cleared the fault now hopefully for good.

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    hopefully after clearing the fault it won't return. if it does then at least you know you have a recurring problem.

skullianz likes this.
  9. Paulcornwall Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Penzance
    Just my two pennies worth. I have the VSA light and ! light come on also. Recently found my rear caliper had seized, I have little doubt the sticking wheel played havoc with the VSA system. Just a thought but feel your wheels after a driver to see if a caliper is sticking.....a long shot I know.