Aftermarket Kit Yellow/Amber Foglights - Yes or No ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    My current fog lights are working, but as per the pictures in this post, one has it's wires connected with insulation tape, and both of them have brackets that have a lot of rust on them.

Looking for a replacement wiring loom, or a used, full installation kit, I came across these fog lights. That £39.99 (plus £19.99 postage) for a full installation kit (yes it's not OEM, but it looks as close as damnit to me). The garnish on that kit is slightly different to the garnish on my fog lights, but I should be able to swap them. Also, even if I decide to keep my clear foglights, I get a whole new wiring loom. Looking at OEM prices, a full installation kit is over £300.

So, while I wait for them to arrive, I guess the question is - Do I use the lenses that come with the kit (Yellow / Amber), or do I stay with my clear lenses ?

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Ignore this thread. I found the same foglights, but with a clear lens and ordered those. Please could an admin delete this thread ?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Don't think there's any need to delete the thread @RogerH69

RogerH69 likes this.