Tyres & Wheels Yokohama and Honda do some winter tyre testing on a 2013 Honda CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Ichiban, Monday 14th Oct, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a lot of debate on winter tyres and are they actually required or not? Well these two videos helps to quash any concerns you may have.

Thanks goes to Yokohama and Honda to conduct these tests to reassure owners.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
    Toggerefc and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for anyone thinking about getting winter tyres for their Honda's this winter see this and make your minds up.

Honda dealers are currently doing a winter wheel tyre scheme where they take off your summer tyres and store them for a set of alloys and winter tyres. speak to your local dealer for more info and prices.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does this offer/scheme have an official name etc? can't see it publicised on the Honda website?

Definitely a cool move though - worth exploring.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will knock something up now. No it not publicised on honda website, but dealers have a full on promotion.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The range includes steel and alloy wheels, as well as different tyre options. Pricing includes the assembly so the dealers is take off the old wheels and fit the new ones. So depending on what wheel and alloy option you need the dealer can give you a price.

What does the dealer do with your summer tyres and alloys?

The tyres go to a Tyre Hotel yes its does exist :lol: , the tyre hotel solution which, for £35 a year, means the summer wheels and tyres taken off by the dealer are sent there until they return in spring for the changeover, and again at the end of autumn for the change back.

Two leaflets available to the dealers now available here :Smile:

View attachment AOCUK Winter Wheels Leaflet.pdf

View attachment AOCUK Winter Wheels Collection Brochure.pdf

prices for this service please approach your dealer.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks mate :Thumbup:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Excellent to see them promoting this - my dealer had a similar brochure last year, but without the storage option.

Bridgestones listed rather than Yokohamas for the Accord though?

8. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    FirstHonda likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I did see a billboard today advertising these tyres , pointless buying these tyres in the UK we have a freaky winter once in a blue moon.

10. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    I rather thought that was the point of them, CJ.
    Pretty much all the advantages of a Summer tyre, plus a major improvement over regular tyres when the temperatures drop.
    I guess we'll need to wait and see if they live up to expectations.
    Personally, I'm not so keen to go the way of our German friends, particularly if it means finding storage space for 4 wheels shod with rubber in my already junked-up garage.
    The wife may use that as an excuse for me getting rid of my bike. Lol

Toggerefc likes this.
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I quite like the look of those @Big H :Thumbup:

I had a spare set of wheels and Winter tyres on my previous Accord, and am considering the same for my CR-V, but these may be a good option. Have to say I had 'multi-season' tyres on a previous VW Tiguan, and the performance was excellent in snow & ICE.

^^ :lol:

12. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    I would have bought CrossClimate for my CR-V if they had been available on 18 inch rims.

13. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

This is a great idea if you are short of space and can't chuck them on yourself. Mine just sit nicely in the corner of the garage with the rest of the junk. All nicely cleaned and wrapped up though.

14. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I have to say I went for a set of Nokian Weatherproof all season on the Fit. Couldn't be happier with them in the cold and frost, came in about 150 euro cheaper than the Michelin and have excellent reviews as well. It's a shame that Honda aren't offering something similar here I'd probably look into it, although the need for proper winter tyres here is debatable I've always felt much happier with them for about 3 months a year.

Toggerefc likes this.
  15. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    In the end I went for Conti TS830s, because the car came new (to my annoyance) with summer Michelins. And now the Contis are on, the local tyre guy is hotelling the Michelins. Oh, and why TF was it a good idea to put the EX on 18 inch rims, when there are so many more tyre choices for 17 inch?

Toggerefc and FirstHonda like this.
  16. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    You're lucky Mike, mine came on 19s.

Keith

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham