Tyres & Wheels Yokohama AVS dB v550

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Monday 12th Mar, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been waiting patiently for these tyres for TWO long months gingerly nursing my current set.Holdcroft Honda put an order in and it been on back order ever since and long behold Yokohama pull the plug on this product line.

I have been using this tyre on both Accords since 2004 and after 8 sets of tyres among the two cars I found them the best tyres for the UK in any weather condition. The average life was good not brilliant but the grip, noise,steering feedback the whole package was near perfect for my driving style.

Shame I will have to settle for another tyre which I don't want.

2. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What are you thinking of as a replacement as this will be my next outlay?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it will be either Bridgestone or Michelin lets still looking at the others too.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yokohama Advan Sport or Michelin Super Sport.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was looking at advan sports but lets see what HH come back with.

6. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    I can recommend Michellin HP Primacy's...
    I'm on my 2nd set. 1st set lasted over 55k miles if I remember correctly, and I had no issues with loss of traction in dry/wet... performance in snow was so so (as you would expect for all weather tyres).

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers bud still holding out for a glimmer of hope to get Yokohama from somewhere. All failing it will be Michelin

8. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    I forgot to say. My car had Yoko's when I bought it and they were good + quiet at the same time. shame I can't say the same for the two pirelli p6000s that were on the rear wheels...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have waited and waited I am going to digging into my stockpile of new alloys and get the tyres off my new set of delta wheels. Will get advans for them then stick them on my 8th Generation

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yokohama Advan tyres for 8th Generation are 225/45/18 and are very expensive at 175£ for one.I f you find good deal please share it.I am going to need to change tyres on mine later this year.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are yours the v103? When I test drove your car they were amazing around the twisty road around my place. I will keep you posted buddy .

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are Yokohama Advan Sport 225/45/ZR18 (95 Y).Very good tyres but a bit pricey.
    Thanks bud.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where have you get these prices from buddy?