Tyres & Wheels Yokohama Bluearth Tyres

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by Ichiban, Monday 5th Jan, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been looking for tyres for my 1st Generation as my existing tyres are nearly nine old and with 5 mm tread still left these tyres are effectively well past it.

Anyway keeping the theme Japanese and I am big fan of Yokohama tyres I will be placing an order for 5 tyres of Yokohama 155/80R13 (79T) Bluearth AE01 shortly.

Anyone used these Bluearth tyres before I take the plunge?

71E5N+TCONL._SL1380_.

2. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I'm looking at tyres at the moment, and yokohama bluearth are on the shortlist. Good reviews etc

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have used Yokohama for years more than 20 year and I complicit faith in them, and its time to get them bought.

Bluearth is a new range and not one I am too clued up on as of yet.

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yokohama Decibel E70 probably the best tyres I've ever used so I would not have any doubts about Bluearth.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I must have used atleast 7 sets of Yokohama AVS dB v550 17 inch and another 4 sets of 18 on all my 7th Generation Accords till date.

My 8th Generation came with Bridgestone as standard not bad but will go for Yokohama Decibel E70as they are OEM for LKAS cars also.

6. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    My wife's Jazz had original yokohama on the rear, 10 years 64000 miles.

Ichiban and John Dickson like this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

8th Generation Facelift changed from Yokohama E70 to Bridgestone Turanza.

I am impressed with the Turanzas - impressive wear out of them. I rotated tyres at 10,000miles fronts still had nearly 6mm and rears nearly 7mm and that's with the heavy coke fired boiler in the front. :lol:

it will be difficult to chose between them and Yokohamas but think I will go with Yokohamas... if you can still get them when I need them. I remember they stopped doing the Yokohamas I had on my 7th Generation so went with Continental SportContact - didn't tramline like Yokohamas did but I think that's more to do with the weight of Penta alloys rather than an issue with the OEM Yokohamas of the time. Didn't like the Continentals as much as the Yokohamas even though the Yokohamas tram lined a bit sometimes.
    They certainly didn't last as long.

I've heard people refer to Yokohamas as "Jap sliders" before but I've never found any problem with them and would certainly tell people not to listen to that so not sure where that comes from..... motorbike tyres perhaps?

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    heavy coke fired boiler :gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:That is a good one spat my drink out on the laptop screen.. be back wet fingers and need towels now.

DeviateDefiant and John Dickson like this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well got to have a sense of humour (and be able to take the p!$$ out of yourself) being a clatterby driver :lol:

(My apologies fellow I-DTEC drivers :Sorry:)

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Laptop keys have become sticky now ..that made my day!

John Dickson likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm in a stupid mood all excited for the imminent arrival of my ducktail spoiler (I think that was the 7th gen Accessories brochure term actually) ..... Order was placed with Honda logistics on Friday so not long to wait hopefully....... :fingerscrossed:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well MaRIS was down over the festive period in Japan for routine maintenance basically removing old cars off the system and updating info.

There will be a slight delay as things get back to normality, the thing was dealers were told of this well in advance but tell customers a different story.. tut tut Looking forward to seeing your duck-tail trim bud.

Have you had your CMC sorted ? You seen @Nels new CU1 sorry to point that out :Lipsrsealed: