Planning Yorkshire Meeting (TBC)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Sunday 7th Oct, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just putting out the feelers. Would any of the Yorkshire Members be interested in a meeting sometime near the end of this month maybe Saturday 27th at a venue to be confirmed. Please let me know your thoughts and I'll look at doing something.

As we have seen on previous occasions there doesn`t seem to be a great interest in club meetings for reasons I don`t understand we are supposed to be a club and CJ and the other Admins put a lot of hard work into this club. But the one thing that is missing and I know it would make CJ a happy chappy would be a club meeting.

So instead of a national meet I am proposing to organise a small regional meeting for members in and around Yorkshire and the North area and anyone else who can make it.

The date at this moment is flexible either Saturday 27th or Sunday 28th depending on peoples responses.

As I`ve stated CJ and all give a lot of time and effort into this club so lets give something back to them A DAMN GOOD MEETING.

Last edited: Thursday 11th Oct, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    i may be up for it if there is aloud of us :Smile:

4. classic_accord_coupe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sundays are best for me..

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any more members who would like to tag along?

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you can decide and give me at least week notice i can ask wife to finish work early or something.
    Bit difficult for me from now on as she is back to work now and work mostly weekends.

7. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great idea to have a Yorkshire get together ... would this be the 1st ever? Personally I also would prefer a Sunday - mid afternoon ish?

I've suggested a few venues that I know around here that people might find suitable - my criteria being that they are easy to get to, have a good size car park (most charge) and also something in the way of facilities (a tea shop selling tea + cake being perfect of course .... :Smile:)

1. Bretton Country Park / Yorkshire Sculpture Park Yorkshire Sculpture Park | Visit YSP - a stones throw from J38 of the M1 - plenty there other than the car park

2. Cannon Hall Country Park - Information about Cannon Hall in Barnsley, Cannon Hall Museum and Open Farm - 01 mins from J37 of the M1 - a great place, lots there, lovely gardens, museum, farm, farm shop - can be busy but prob not at the end of October

3. Pugneys Country Park www.wakefield.gov.uk: About Pugneys Country Park - a mile or 2 from J35 of the M1 - depends on the weather can be a bit windswept but there is a cafe

These are 3 that I know but feel free to suggest some more and then we have a good selection to choose from.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Three good locations Jayne Thanks.
    Okay People we are going to go for Saturday 27th October @ 1200hrs @ (thanks for the suggestion Jaynemc)Pugneys Country Park In Wakefield follow the link in Jaynemc`s post. This is a good location close to the M1 motorway Junction 39,has some good scenic background for good photographs and very close by is a good Pub the Swan and Sygnet serving pub meals at decent prices with ample parking space.
    I know the weather doesn`t look too good for this weekend but lets try and make the effort to make this meet even if just for a few hours and if nothing else get yourselves a wonderful club car sticker, and (I`m sure CJ`s tourer will be packed with club gooodies for us all to buy).

Please add your names to the list if you are attending

Thanks

1. MickyB

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    2 CJ anywhere really as long as we have a meet.

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1.MickyB
    2.CJ

Will have to teach you how to use your own website:Rolf:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just making sure I am getting the maximum out of your "Chief Meetings Coordinator" title :Friends:

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking at the response I'll be popping up to your place Saturday afternoon !!! Are you going to be in?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Yup I will be in bud working on the first gen getting in the waterless coolant it came today! can't wait to get that sorted.

14. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would love to be there but Rose has made plans, sorry

15. Jaynemc Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    I should be able to make it for Saturday - soz for delay in replying been away .... had to go to Rhodes to take advantage of a weeks worth of 30 degrees sunshine ... yes I know it was tuff but it had to be done .... :OTT: Please post if there are any changes to Saturdays planned meet up .... Bye Jayne

16. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello,
    Look forward to meeting you all,on saturday .
    Korky .

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mick do you want to update the thread on the status if it going ahead or not.

Looks like we could have four members willing and able.