Detailing Your Favourite Products

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by PeteMM, Friday 20th Jun, 2014.

1. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Well, during the madness that's currently going on here i have found myself up to my eyes in sorting stuff around the house.

However, during that process an acquaintance of mine fired over a small quantity of cleaning products to try on the cars. Before we begin, I have no affiliation with the company other than he is a fellow member on a local forum.

What he dropped over was a selection of products from a company called Anachem NI.

His exact words were
    So i robbed an old broken Karcher pressure washer from my dad, fixed it and set it up in the garage by the door to make it easy to clean the cars. I also welded up a small shelving unit to take all the products, meaning I can now (safe) wash my car from start to finish in as little as 20 minutes including drying.

Here is my setup:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402951429.632708.

Now for the products, the reason for this thread.

Having used virtually every reasonable product on the market I am absolutely blown away with the Anachem stuff, it makes life very very easy and it is all safe to use on waxed paintwork.

Automotive Products - Anachem Limited shows all their products, but as per the thread title I now have my all time favourite product - Anachem Clearview.

Clearview is a glass cleaner, and the only thing that I have ever known that comes close to it is the 3M stuff at £25 a tin. It is simply incredible.

I will upload my own video to show it off, but in the interest of making this a topic of discussion and not an advertisement, what is your favourite product?

Attached Files:

FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^That "Clearview" glass cleaner looks amazing on the video clip!

My favourite products - ones that I go back to and always trust to do a good job - are:

- Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel
    - Dodo Juice Red Mist Quick Detailer
    - Swissvax Cleaner Fluid (regular)
    - Swissvax Leather Milk
    - Swissvax Best of Show Carnauba Wax
    - P21s Carnauba Wax
    - Bilt-Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner

Also a big fan of most Bilt-Hamber products. I do have a few bits and bobs to choose from though...

HPIM0457.JPG

Last edited: Saturday 21st Jun, 2014
    ACC-CDI-2T and PeteMM like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hate BH stuff love swissvax and Megauirs pro detailing gear , valet pro for tit bits. That is me done

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Ironically my favourite product is Autoglym Fast Glass, gets everything off the windows in seconds and always crystal clear. Infact, if I haven't got time to wash the car I'll use it as a lubricant to wipe down the car - did it just this afternoon. £5-6 a bottle. I'll definitely try the product mentioned above, but tbh I couldn't imagine it'll work any better or worse.

Also, Dodo Juice waxes, phenomenal performance for the price. Far prefer it to AG HD, Turtle Wax, and whatever Meguiars wax it was that I last tried. There is of course better out there, but at the price point I cannot knock it.

I need to get into snowfoaming my car - so who has a favourite snow foam agent? Bilt Hamber I hear great things about.

Crv23 likes this.
  5. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    I'll get a tin sent to you dude, I swear you will be blown away.

I have no run out of windows in the house demonstrating it to friends. The garage windows were absolutely stinking and they were no harder to clean than the car windows which are done twice a week.

Snow foam, I have only really got into this side of things and I bypassed all the over priced stuff and tried the anachem stuff. It is pure epic, same with their Traffic Film Remover.

I know I sound like a sales rep for these guys, but I really have drank the koolaid with regards to their products, especially with the prices they are able to supply at.

I use their ultrafoam and the articulate TFR mixed together in the white 5 litre jug at the side of my karcher.

As i said above, I can flick the switch, snowfoam the car, rinse, wash, then liquid wax the car and leave it dry with the windows done in less than 20 minutes now, all flies, brake dust, dirt and arches will be sitting gleaming.

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My daughter raves about snow foam and recently I was in a local supermarket and they had Demon Shine Foam on special offer 4litres enough for 20 washes from £12 down to £8 this included a snow foam gun. (So for that price it wasn't bad for a trial)
    The gun screws onto the top of the container and you attach your hosepipe to it there's a two way tap which allows you to spray water then turn the tap for foam.

As I said I had never used it before so yesterday I thought I'd give it a run out.

So out came the kit instructions followed water on the car first then turn the tap and oh my god it was like a fire tender at healthrow there was loads of foam and in a couple of seconds the cr was covered. I agitated the foam using a sponge gave gave it another covering left it for a few minutes then washed it off....

I haven't seen such a shine on my car after just a wash since I clay barred it some 6 years ago.

Snow foam I am hooked.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Favourite product, well plenty of them but
    Ironx
    Optimum optiseal
    Artdeshine obsidian wax
    Vics concours
    Poorboys blackhole

8. TheVDM Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My usual line-up for the exterior is:
    • Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner
    • Lots of water
    • Simoniz Wax
    • Turtle Wax intensive cream glass polish (gives a showroom look)

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Appreciate that, I'm definitely going to get some soon as I can because it seems I'm putting in a lot more effort than I need to at the moment. Been doing my bits of research and I think I'll go for Bilt Hamber and an Autobrite HD lance to match when I get round to it :Smile:

New one to add to the thread, Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer is fantastic stuff. I've been using it to keep the car wiped down between washes past week and it has fantastic clarity and depth for a quick detailer. Even more astonishing is the way that it beads, hard to describe but water runs a mile from it. Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray has been relegated.

10. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Been using Autobrites magifoam for a few years now and prefer it too many others I've tried so no need to change. Also as you mention Sonax BSD, been using it since it hit the uk and its quite brilliant like you say, it offers protection also even on its own without anything underneath it.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Was in Homebase yesterday they have the Karcher foam gun on offer £19.99.
    I've got a karcher but personally I'm just going to continue with the gun I've and buy different foam when it runs out.
    Been pricing it on EBay etc not to expensive.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've heard good stuff about Magifoam, but I was reading a few comments on a thread elsewhere about it vs. Bilt Hamber and there seemed to be more praise for the BH - I guess it's a case of I'll have to try for myself to see.

I'm not keen on Karcher, I'd been meaning to get a steam cleaner for ages. CJ and a few others said to avoid the brand, my friend had a Karcher though and swore by it, so I bit. His Karcher died a week later, bit of trepidation with the brand personally.

MickyB likes this.
  13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My karcher has been in hiding in the shed for two years forgot I had it till last week. Got it out and it fired straight up no problem

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think when I get around to getting a pressure washer it'll be Makita, quite impressed by the videos I've seen of them.

15. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral

Bilt Hamber foam tends to strip your LSP far quicker than magifoam which is LSP safe, regarding Karchers etc mine has been fine but i know lots of detailers etc that are using the Nilfisk range

16. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I need my drugs three times a year :eek: :

FirstHonda likes this.
  17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Halfords also at £19.99.

18. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
  19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Ah, the new P21s. I'm a huge fan of the finish given by the original, except it doesn't last very long. What is the new version like?

20. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Oh, sorry, I accidently uploaded a wrong picture - I´ve the same "old" P21S like you have
    - as I´ve seen above :Smile:!! Do you think they´ve modified it? I agree, it´s a awesome product,
    but if it would last a bit longer, it would be perfect !!!