Removal (A/T model) of the Diesel Fuel Filter
- Difficulty Level:
- Remove the fuel filter cover (A
- Loosen the drain plug (B) by a wrench.
- Loosen the drain plug until about 3－5 mm by a hand.
- Connect the hose (piping diameter 6 mm), and place a suitable container under the hose to catch up the water and/or fuel.
- Remove the fuel filter .
- Disconnect the fuel heater connector (A) and the fuel filter water level switch connector (B).
- Disconnect the quick-connect fittings (C) , then remove the fuel filter (D).
- Remove the outlet joint (A).
- Hold the fuel filter housing.
NOTE: Clean inside of the fuel filter housing, if needed.
- Attach the fuel filter wrench, and loosen the cap (A).
- Remove the fuel filter element (B).
Special Tools Required Fuel Filter Wrench 070AA-RL00200
Installation (A/T model)
NOTE: Coat the new O-ring with clean fuel.
- Install a new O-ring (A), and the new filter element (B) to the fuel filter cap (C).
NOTE: After tightening, make sure the marks (D) are still aligned.
- Insert the fuel cap to the fuel filter housing. Using the special tool, tighten the cap to the specified torque.
- Coat the new O-rings (A) with clean fuel, then install the drain plug (B) and inlet joint (C) with the O-rings.
- Install the fuel filter .
- Wipe off the fuel on the floor, otherwise you will slip
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and wait about 40 seconds, then check for fuel leakage.
- Confirm the engine can be started.