1. Engine - Warm Up
- Difficulty Level:
Allow the engine to reach operating temperature (fan comes on at least twice.
2. Lift the Car up
3. Remove Engine Undercover Plate
4. Drain the Engine Oil.
1.Remove the drain bolt (A), and drain the engine oil.
2.Reinstall the drain bolt with a new washer (B) and torque to specification.
5. Remove Engine Oil Filter
1. Remove the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
2. Inspect the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not stuck to the oil filter seating surface of the engine.
3. Inspect the threads (A) and the rubber seal (B) on the new filter.
4. Clean the seat on the oil pan.
6. Refill the engine with the recommended engine oil.
At Oil Change: 5.0 L (5.3 US qt, 4.4 lmp qt)
At Oil Change including Filter: 5.4 L (5.7 US qt, 4.8 lmp qt)
After Engine Overhaul: 6.8 L (7.2 US qt, 6.0 lmp qt)
7. Check Engine oil Level
1. Run the engine for more than 3 minutes, then check the oil level and the oil leakage.
8. Install Engine Undercover Plate
9. Service Reminder - Reset (With Service Reminder System)
1. If the Service Reminder required to replace the engine oil, reset the Service Reminder with the gauge (see "Resetting the Service Reminder"). If the Service Reminder did not require to replace the engine oil, reset the Service Reminder with the HDS (see "Resetting the Individual Maintenance Items").
10. Resetting Engine Oil Monitor System