Electrical & Lights 2008 Odyssey Trip Computer

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by arrbee99, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2018.

1. arrbee99 New Member Getting Started

New Zealand Adrian Sc Whakatane
    Hi,

Am just wondering if anyone might have any thoughts on the above model bought fairly recently. The trip computer works fine but no matter what I do it will not reset anything to zero or change the info displayed. So it works but the buttons to control it do nothing (though they worked fine for the first month I had the car). Just wondering if anyone might have any thoughts please...any special combo button press, disconnect the battery for a bit (unless thats a bad idea).

In the photo, the trip controls are kind of between the gear selector and the left hand column stalk - one long button and two square ones grouped together into a bigger square.

The cars manual is in Japanese btw but still doesn't seem to say much more than press the reset button.

Thanks very much.

Attached Files:

2. arrbee99 New Member Getting Started

New Zealand Adrian Sc Whakatane
    Btw, turned out this was that old standby - the loose connection. I'd had a band expander fitted at an auto electrician and turned out they must have loosened the connection to trip computer controls in the process. So took it back and they reattached, no problem now, and no cost either.

andy83 likes this.