Tyres & Wheels 2013 Honda CR-V Tyre Recommendations

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda have released 2013 Honda CR-V tyre recommendation this will give guidance to CR-V owners which tyre and rating to go for the best performance.

2013 Honda CR-V UK 1 AOCUK. 2013 Honda CR-V UK 2 AOCUK.JPG

2. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Robert Lancashire
    I'm a bit puzzled by this table. It indicates no for Pirelli tyres on the 2013 model, yet my CR-V EX diesel has Pirellis fitted as standard.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Robert Lancashire
    Yes, it's the new 4th Generation. CR-V EX I-DTEC. Just a few months old. It has 18" wheels.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it would seem Pirelli has been dropped for some reason then?

6. MikeG1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheshire
    Sorry to revive an old thread, what do people use then on there cars? mine came with continental from the factory. It will need some tyres soon so putting the feelers out.

7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My 2014 Black Edition came on 19x45 Yokohamas. Tyres OK in terms of grip, etc. but being low profile, the ride wasn't the best. My present one came on the standard 17x65 Goodyear Efficientgrip. Much better ride than the Yokos but I think that was more to do with the tyre profile than anything else.

Just fitted my 17" winters with Nokian SUV's. Much quieter ride than the Goodyears but not much difference in the actual comfort. For the record, both sets of tyre have about 5000 miles on them.

There are so many factors involved in tyre choice that at the end of the day you pays your money and makes your choice (as they say).

Keith

Racy Jace likes this.
  8. MikeG1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheshire
    Thanks for the info Keith local chain doesn't have masses of choices for the CR-V really, not seen a good brand less than 100 per corner yet, prob go with GY or Mich.

9. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    I used Avons on my F-RV and now have a set on the C-RV, very pleased with them. National do offers that bring the price down to reasonable levels too.

MikeG1 likes this.
  10. tomwillie Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Tom Royston
    The Michelin tyres on 08 reg CR-V 2.0i VTEC SE still had 3mm at 38000 miles when PX’d for current 2.0i VTEC EX. This after 5th year service @ 30k miles, & having wheels changed back to front, the original Michelin tyres on 18in rims now have 5mm front & 4mm rear.

11. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Mine came with Michelins, but the Winter tyres I had - and which are now on my Sister's CR-V - were Falken and were/are brilliant, especially for the price.

When I get Winter tyres for my Lexus, I'm getting the same again as it runs the same tyre size.

12. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    About time we had an update/comparison with the CR-V on the Lexus Ed.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I'll write one on the other thread tomorrow.

155695 likes this.